Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joker #1

Featured Replies

I hope he stays in Lexington!!

I don't see the need for anyone to criticize. We have the best offense in the nation, without having the best athletes. He has done an impressive job at UK. I hope he stays so he can take over after Brooks departs.

He WILL be a head coach next season.

 

I don't think so. Not that he couldn't be, but I think he'll be back.

  • Author
I don't think so. Not that he couldn't be, but I think he'll be back.

 

I hope you are right...

I hope you are right...

 

I just think he's in a great position now. He's recruiting very well, is most likely choice #1 for the next UK coach, and Brooks isn't going to be around too much longer.

 

I see him being patient and stepping into a great situation when Brook's retires.

 

I could also see him being named a successor before Brooks is even gone.

I just think he's in a great position now. He's recruiting very well, is most likely choice #1 for the next UK coach, and Brooks isn't going to be around too much longer.

 

I see him being patient and stepping into a great situation when Brook's retires.

 

I could also see him being named a successor before Brooks is even gone.

 

I agree. I think that he will be the next UK coach unless someone makes him an offer he can't refuse.

If so, I hope that former UK player and now grad. asst. G. Parker is given a shot as the OC. Though he lacks experience, Parker and Phillips have a great relationship and he knows the offense inside and out. Also Parker has the one thing that can't be taught....Passion for the game and UK .

Richard isnt leaving any time soon!

I see Joker staying around. He's a former Cat, and appears to love UK. He's an excellent recruiter and is building our program to his liking. IMO it's set up that he will relace Brooks when he decides to step down. I hope we keep him. What a find he was. I feel that as long as we have him on our side we will continue to rise as a program. The reason I don't think he'll leave is because the jobs offered will be struggling teams like possibly Nebraska or even Michigan if they lose to OSU and Les Miles doesn't take the job. Why would he want to do that when in 3 years or so he can have a good team that he helped build?? In three years with continued improvement UK could be an annual threat to win the SEC.

I hope we can keep both Joker and Randy Sanders. UK will need to step up to the plate financially this off season to keep this staff together.

In college you have to strike while the iron is hot, and Jokers iron is hot. I wouldn't wait around for the pay day if I was Joker, you might not have too many more WOodson, Burton, Little, and Tamme's come through. Remember when our last high profile QB came through and lead us to a New Years Day Bowl.

I see Joker staying around. He's a former Cat, and appears to love UK. He's an excellent recruiter and is building our program to his liking. IMO it's set up that he will relace Brooks when he decides to step down. I hope we keep him. What a find he was. I feel that as long as we have him on our side we will continue to rise as a program. The reason I don't think he'll leave is because the jobs offered will be struggling teams like possibly Nebraska or even Michigan if they lose to OSU and Les Miles doesn't take the job. Why would he want to do that when in 3 years or so he can have a good team that he helped build?? In three years with continued improvement UK could be an annual threat to win the SEC.

 

It would HAVE to be a monster offer to leave IMHO. His wife is a prof at Georgetown and Lexington is home.

UK would be okay if Joker left....Randy Sanders is more than capable of replacing him if needed....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.