Trinity v. Elder Freshmen

Park1221

I think you said it all in the last comment! Much different than virtually anywhere else. Thank God for that! :thumb:

Just what is this suppose to mean? Are you telling me you think God does not like Trinity. This is way over the edge now.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did hit some of my Elder fans and they gave me this response-

[I]I don't have a problem as long as they are:

1) Not bringing down studs/beasts that could injure freshmen, and

2) Making the other team aware of the fact that they're bringing down sophomores

Freshman games aren't about W/L...only the experience and learning.

Who cares who the other teams starts in a freshman game, as long as my team can get experience/learning [/i]

My experience as a referee is that both teams probably were made aware before the game and you have to play freshmen time limits. Fairly common occurance ( 8 minute quarters) Out in the state you typically play 8 minute quarters for freshmen. So really it is an agreement between the coaches. Another thing is the Western Athletic Conference( Elder- west side Cincinnati) has weight limits to play-not just CSAA rules to carry the ball. If a player doesn't make weight-he doesn't play at all. It used to be 155 pounds. Many times you see 2 overweight players going against each other ( not in playoffs!) as an agreement between the coaches. There is a bunch a liability lawyers waiting around afterward but it happens.

I do agree that it is different at Trinity. :laugh:

Just a question: When sophomores play in a Frosh game is it not then designated as a JV for both teams? I have always heard that the KHSAA requires freshman games to include only freshmen when counting against the limitation of seasons.