Boone Co 30 Ryle 24

buckman41ss

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Ryle looked real good, mixing up the pass and the run. Exactly what they need comming down the streach. D held Farris to probably around 100 yards, the only real threat was the 82 yard run on the second play. Campbell shut out #22. Great effort Raiders. Congrats to Boone.

Can't get any closer then 354 to 350 total yards each.

Boone scores first in overime. But they miss the extra point.

On their turn, Ryle had 3rd and goal on the 6 but a QB sneak only went 2 yards.

The Ryle QB was sacked on 4th down, but Boone is called for a facemask. Ryle gets another shot form the 3.

Ryle gets a TOUCHDOWN on a keeper around the end -- but they are called for holding!

On 4th and 14 th QB is sacked to end the game.

A seven play overtime for Ryle but they couldn't make it happen

Boone scores first in overime. But they miss the extra point.

On their turn, Ryle had 3rd and goal on the 6 but a QB sneak only went 2 yards.

The Ryle QB was sacked on 4th down, but Boone is called for a facemask. Ryle gets another shot form the 3.

Ryle gets a TOUCHDOWN on a keeper around the end -- but they are called for holding!

On 4th and 14 th QB is sacked to end the game.

A seven play overtime for Ryle but they couldn't make it happen

3rd and goal at the 6 and their best option was a QB sneak?

3rd and goal at the 6 and their best option was a QB sneak?

The play calling in Overtime from the Ryle sideline was laughable.

They line up shotgun spread the field on one play.

The very next play they line up in a goal line formation and run a QB sneak from the 6 yard line.

I honestly made better play calls when I was 8 playing football games on my Super Nitendo...

The very next play they line up in a goal line formation and run a QB sneak from the 6 yard line.

I honestly made better play calls when I was 8 playing football games on my Super Nitendo...

Have to agree with ya there.

I don't know about that. It's pretty easy to Monday Morning Quarterback in that situation. You score, you're a genuis. You don't score, you blew the play-calling. Personally, I would have liked to have seen Schmitz get a carry early in that OT series, but there is more than one way to skin a cat. They tried a pass play on first down and you have to give them credit for that. The third and six call may be debatable, but also keep in mind that - unlike a series during regulation - they knew they had two downs to work with. And Benke had done a good job rushing all night, though rolling him out may have offered more a little more than sticking it up the gut. Oh well, credit to Boone. It was exciting.

All in all, it was a great game to watch. Congrats to Boone. They are indeed solid. But Ryle acquitted themselves nicely also. Their passing game came out of nowhere tonight and they probably did as good a job on Farris as anyone had this year. Just a wild guess, but Farris probably had 100 yards on two of his rushes and 40 yards on the other 20. Ryle's undoing was allowing a few big plays - the two long rushing TD's and long kickoff return - but against an offense like Boone, it's going to happen.

It'll be interesting to see the final seeding in this district and it would seem probable that these two teams will meet up again. Great crowd tonight. Absolutely packed.

Small complaint: I'm not sure why Ryle's band has to take up 8-10 rows of prime seating on the home 35 yard line. They absolutely add a lot to the game, but it just seems to me that most bands sit down on the far end so that the paying customers can have the better seats.

I know Ryle had passed the ball well all night, I just think in that SITUATION, you give the ball 4 times to Adam Schmits and if he cant get 10 yards on 4 carriers to beat your rival, then you dont deserve to win. Beinke looked good all night, but he had never been in that circumstance asked to win the game in Overtime.

Cooperstown- I agree with the band, it has been like that for years. Try sitting there and see what happens to you!!!:scared:

Their passing game came out of nowhere tonight and they probably did as good a job on Farris as anyone had this year.

After watching Benke throw tonight, I have to wonder why that hasn't been worked into the offense more this year. Its tough to suddenly develop a passing game this late in the season. He throws a nice ball. The TE is a nice target.

Just a wild guess, but Farris probably had 100 yards on two of his rushes and 40 yards on the other 20. Ryle's undoing was allowing a few big plays - the two long rushing TD's and long kickoff return - but against an offense like Boone, it's going to happen.

I thought Ryle did a very nice job on Cory tonight.

Small complaint: I'm not sure why Ryle's band has to take up 8-10 rows of prime seating on the home 35 yard line. They absolutely add a lot to the game, but it just seems to me that most bands sit down on the far end so that the paying customers can have the better seats.

I've NEVER seen a field commander directing from 4 rows up in the stands next to a guy munching on a hot dog while the band performed at halftime.

Question to Ryle fans: Why would Ryle honor the seniors on Senior Night 55 minutes before the game starts when no one is in the stands?

Boone has to be happy with the win but they sure could have made it a much easier win if they simply catch 2 balls. One was a dropped TD on a beautifully thrown ball while the other was a gift-wrapped INT. They could have blown the game wide open at that point.

Heckuva run by #30 on the inside handoff.