Boone Co 30 Ryle 24

buckman41ss

Farris had 33 yards in the second half as I tracked it watching the replay. So, I stand corrected. He had 33 yards instead of 40 in the second half. No way he had 211 for the game but he is an excellent back and I take nothing away from him. Boone got a lot of breaks in the game and needed them to win. Great job by both teams of giving all they had.

Its always something! ryle got breaks too like the dropped interception and the dropped touchdown pass...... Good game to watch. Good luck to the raiders later down the road!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have been more specific re: breaks. I was referring to some major penalties that were not called vs. Boone (2 obvious facemasks and an obvious hold/tackle that sprung the long kickoff return), players stepping out of bounds unnoticed, etc. Those are breaks beyond the control of the players that affect the outcome. On the last penalty, both players were tugging on each other and it would have been a no call most of the time. Those were breaks Boone needed to win the game.

I saw Ryle vs. Fern Creek a couple weeks ago and Ryle looks as if they can make some noise in the playoffs. I liked what I saw out of them. Of course, FC fumbling the first 5 times they touched the ball will always help your cause. Good luck to Ryle and Boone the rest of the way.

I should have been more specific re: breaks. I was referring to some major penalties that were not called vs. Boone (2 obvious facemasks and an obvious hold/tackle that sprung the long kickoff return), players stepping out of bounds unnoticed, etc. Those are breaks beyond the control of the players that affect the outcome. On the last penalty, both players were tugging on each other and it would have been a no call most of the time. Those were breaks Boone needed to win the game.

I defiantly agree with this comment but just to add, its a little scary to see kids getting ripped down by there helmets/ face mask. I believe that the terrible calls did go both ways. But I'm just watching out for the safety of the players. Serious injuries could be caused because of rules not being enforced. If a player lays out a face mask once and doesn't get called he is more than likely to not be cautious about it the second time. I do believe #88 for Ryle took a pretty nice face mask during the game and also A safety for Boone county took a pretty nice face mask after a interception. Both missed calls, football is a dangerous game but even more dangerous when officials don't make calls on unnecessary actions by players. Great Game for both teams though cant wait for a rematch.

First off, I did want to say that you were right about the game being a close one. I for one, will admit that I didn't think Ryle could throw the ball as effectively as they were able to. I was also suprised that Farris was able to run for as much yardage as he did against the Raider D.

Now, all that being said, please don't tarnish what looks like a great effort by both sides by saying that one team "needed breaks" to win. You make your own breaks. I'm quite sure that there were missed holding penalties on both sides, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure that the players and coaches from both sides wouldn't want anyone to blame officials for the loss/win, only bad teams blame others for their shortcomings. Hopefully I can catch the replay this week when I'm in town, and maybe even a future playoff matchup? Good luck to both teams moving forward.

First off, I did want to say that you were right about the game being a close one. I for one, will admit that I didn't think Ryle could throw the ball as effectively as they were able to. I was also suprised that Farris was able to run for as much yardage as he did against the Raider D.

Now, all that being said, please don't tarnish what looks like a great effort by both sides by saying that one team "needed breaks" to win. You make your own breaks. I'm quite sure that there were missed holding penalties on both sides, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure that the players and coaches from both sides wouldn't want anyone to blame officials for the loss/win, only bad teams blame others for their shortcomings. Hopefully I can catch the replay this week when I'm in town, and maybe even a future playoff matchup? Good luck to both teams moving forward.

I don't think anyone is trying to tarnish Boone's win because it was a great game. I think folks are trying to point out that blunders are more apparent in close games.