Boone Co 30 Ryle 24

buckman41ss

How is Beinke experienced lining up in the shotgun? How experienced is Beinke when it comes to him winning the game on his shoulders? Sure he has alot of experience handing the ball off and making a few throws a game, but he was in a new situation the other night.

Benke's sophomore year...it was his first start in a varsity game and it came in the playoffs against Fern Creek. It was 4th and about 10 with the ball on Fern Creek's 40, out of field goal range, with 20 seconds left and Ryle down by 2. He completes a 15 yard pass, as if he had been doing it for 4 years. The rest is history, but he has been in that situation before and knew how to handle it. He did a great job with it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Ryle looked real good, mixing up the pass and the run. Exactly what they need comming down the streach. D held Farris to probably around 100 yards, the only real threat was the 82 yard run on the second play. Campbell shut out #22. Great effort Raiders. Congrats to Boone.

Can't get any closer then 354 to 350 total yards each.

Just thought Dandy should know that even though he felt they contained Farris well he still reached 211 yards (Talked to one of the coaches). I still say the best team to contain Farris to this point was Definitely Owensboro. Great game by both teams. Good luck to the Rebels this week against Henry Clay. This will be a big test.

Just thought Dandy should know that even though he felt they contained Farris well he still reached 211 yards (Talked to one of the coaches). I still say the best team to contain Farris to this point was Definitely Owensboro. Great game by both teams. Good luck to the Rebels this week against Henry Clay. This will be a big test.

Enquire had Cory at 160 yars, minus the 80 yard TD, he had say 80 yards all day. I think he had 300 the previous week vrs. Dixie. Yep, I am satisfied with the job the D did there.

Enquire had Cory at 160 yars, minus the 80 yard TD, he had say 80 yards all day. I think he had 300 the previous week vrs. Dixie. Yep, I am satisfied with the job the D did there.

Ryle did a great job on Farris which tells you how good he is when he gets 150+ and a team says they did a great job on him.

Check with the Boone County Coaching Staff as I know some of them, and they will tell you the unofficial count was 189. After the official count it came to 211. But you believe what you want Dandy, everyone knows your always right anyways.:laugh:

Check with the Boone County Coaching Staff as I know some of them, and they will tell you the unofficial count was 189. After the official count it came to 211. But you believe what you want Dandy, everyone knows your always right anyways.:laugh:

Glad you are starting to realize that.

BTW....even the ICN6 commentators commented on how well Ryle contained him.

You know he is going to get 25 to 30 touches, at 4 or 5 ypc he will get well over 100 yards and there is nothing you can do about that.

This game has aired 3 times now and I am quite surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that Aery stepped out of bounds on his scoring run as did Farris later on the run that resulted in a FG. The TV commentators even mentioned that Aery may have stepped out, and it is easy to see when replayed in slo-mo. Both of these (if they would have been called) could have changed the course of the game tremendously.:sssh:

This game has aired 3 times now and I am quite surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that Aery stepped out of bounds on his scoring run as did Farris later on the run that resulted in a FG. The TV commentators even mentioned that Aery may have stepped out, and it is easy to see when replayed in slo-mo. Both of these (if they would have been called) could have changed the course of the game tremendously.:sssh:

Thank you for noticing that Kooper. I mentioned it in the Ryle / Boone update thread. It could have been a 10 point swing without the Aery TD and the Farris carry marked out at the 12 instead of the 5, where after they lost yardage on a couple of plays, Boone made a field goal which they may not have made from 7 yards further back.

Farris had between 140 and 150 in the first half including the 82 yarder. He had 40 yards in the second half on 20 carries. Not sure where the 211 comes from other than stat-padding but 189 yards is still too many to give up in a game.

Boone as well as Ryle and other teams probably state the yards to the press as unofficial. Boone's coach looks at the films and plays called to verify the stats for the team on defense and offence. Ryle must do the same, because Schmitz's yards went up from what was initially stated to the press. Look at the Enquirer Northern Kentucky Conference and you will see the official yards and stats for each team. These sometimes change from what was un-officially stated to the press right after the game. The coach reported Farris with 211 on 28 carries.

I think Schmitz went from 48 to 54 reported by Ryles coach. I know Farris' yards have sometimes gone up or down from what was un-officially stated to the press on Friday night.

Thank you for noticing that Kooper. I mentioned it in the Ryle / Boone update thread. It could have been a 10 point swing without the Aery TD and the Farris carry marked out at the 12 instead of the 5, where after they lost yardage on a couple of plays, Boone made a field goal which they may not have made from 7 yards further back.

I have to disagree. No one could look at the replay and tell if Arey was in or out. The ref was right there running down the field so you go with who had the best view. You're just upset that it was ruled a TD when it was to close to call from the TV as you want to state.

Farris did step out at the 12. Very clear on the films.

Ryle did a nice job on Farris. But, he did his job. Ryle was so worried about Farris that it opened up big plays for others on the team. A RB's job is to get long or short runs that open up for them. So, what is the debate about holding him? He had several bigs runs, many short runs that put his team in position to score. Same thing Schmit and Benke did. Schmitz didn't have a lot of yards, but, put his team in good position several times. Boone slowed him down, but he helped his team get some of those points.

Farris had 33 yards in the second half as I tracked it watching the replay. So, I stand corrected. He had 33 yards instead of 40 in the second half. No way he had 211 for the game but he is an excellent back and I take nothing away from him. Boone got a lot of breaks in the game and needed them to win. Great job by both teams of giving all they had.