October 18, 200718 yr Author If you look at the 2 QBs right now in their senior year of college I think Woodson is doing better. The only proven quality opponent this season for UL is UK. UK has played South Carolina and LSU, 2 other top 10 teams. And Woodson has had a great season. I think Cincy can be classified as a quality opponent.
October 18, 200718 yr Author Starting this thread is a complete waste of time.... I do apologize for wasting your time.
October 18, 200718 yr I do apologize for wasting your time. No disrespect meant towards you whatsoever, MT. My statement was in regards to the usual "Whos better, UK or UL?" type of threads....They all go the same direction.
October 18, 200718 yr If you look at the 2 QBs right now in their senior year of college I think Woodson is doing better. The only proven quality opponent this season for UL is UK. UK has played South Carolina and LSU, 2 other top 10 teams. And Woodson has had a great season. Brohm has had more success in his career, that doesn't count?
October 18, 200718 yr Author No disrespect meant towards you whatsoever, MT. My statement was in regards to the usual "Whos better, UK or UL?" type of threads....They all go the same direction. But this wasn't my intent. I was comparing both Brohm and Woodson to Couch, ... our last real Heisman candidate. Now we have 2! I do agree that we often head in that direction, but again, that wasn't the purpose of this, .... especially from me, an avid UK fan who LOVED Couch.
October 18, 200718 yr Bolded is absolutely wrong. All plays had possible check offs at the line, and all routes had at least 3 different reads. Now the number of plays was always a line by ESPN as something like 15, but in reality the variations for each multiplied that by 4 or 5. Still not the 159 play Chris Palmer playbook, but not overly simple. Now as far as the system distorting the numbers, that may very well be correct. I belive that the lack of a solid offensive line, and running game hurt him more than anything. The offense that he played in college did not help him to read NFL defenses.
October 18, 200718 yr Author The offense that he played in college did not help him to read NFL defenses. His own comment when he was drafted was that Mumme never gave him a playbook at UK. NO PLAYBOOK. Not exactly setting someone up for pro ball.
October 18, 200718 yr It may help if he would win some more football games like Woodson has against MUCH BETTER competition. He has won games for 3 years. Woodson has done so for 1. Louisville may not be the Louisville of the last few seasons, but that doesn't take away from the numbers that Brohm puts up. It doesn't take away from his abilities to QB at this level and the next. All of U of L's problems are on the defensive side of the ball, they don't have a problem putting points on the board.
October 18, 200718 yr He has won games for 3 years. Woodson has done so for 1. At this point I think you'd have to say they've both won games for 2 years.
October 18, 200718 yr I loved Tim Couch. He lit up defenses while at UK. The offense was always fun to watch. However, with time, I have come to face the truth. Couch was a product of the system. Colt Brennan will be, and so will Graham Harrell. Woodson and Brohm are both great quarterbacks, and they're both Kentucky boys. Who cares what schools they play for? The two best quarterback prospects coming out of college this year are both from the Bluegrass state, and I believe they're both legit. I hope they are still rivals 10 years from now.
October 18, 200718 yr He has won games for 3 years. Woodson has done so for 1. Louisville may not be the Louisville of the last few seasons, but that doesn't take away from the numbers that Brohm puts up. It doesn't take away from his abilities to QB at this level and the next. All of U of L's problems are on the defensive side of the ball, they don't have a problem putting points on the board. But right now, at the peak of their careers I believe Woodson is playing better.
October 18, 200718 yr If you look at the 2 QBs right now in their senior year of college I think Woodson is doing better. The only proven quality opponent this season for UL is UK. UK has played South Carolina and LSU, 2 other top 10 teams. And Woodson has had a great season. That's very debatable. It seems as though you're basing everything on THIS YEARS TEAM performance which doesn't hold any water.
October 18, 200718 yr But right now, at the peak of their careers I believe Woodson is playing better. No, Woodson has a better team. Brohm's numbers are great.
October 18, 200718 yr They're all too good to compare, but let's look at the NFL situations. If Couch would have been drafted by another team, or stayed and was drafted his senior year, he would still be in the NFL. The first QB taken Couch's senior year was Chad Pennington. If Couch would have gone to the Jets, he would be very successful by now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.