October 24, 200718 yr Got a kick how the article referred to Pitino as the best in the business, poor 'ole Tubby still can't escape the man even in the middle of college basketball nowhere!
October 27, 200718 yr I wish Tubby the best. Great coach and a great family man. The NCAA could use a few more guys with the character of OTS. ':thumb:
October 27, 200718 yr I wonder if he is still running the defensive clinic and walking the ball up court. Sounds like the B11 to me.
October 27, 200718 yr I like Tubby...I hope nothing but the best for him. It was time to move on...things had gotten stale and he was not going to change. A little disheartening to an extent because if he would have gotten a bonafide recruiter or two he could still be coach, but he was stubborn to the end. One thing that is obviously glaring and a little incredulous is the fact he did not bring in one assistant from UK to Gopher Land. Obviously, one thing has not changed since he is in Minnesota, and that is his bunker mentality with players and himself regarding the media. To me he felt the media was an unnescessary evil. He did not do enough to promote the program. Now he is doing the same thing in Minnesota. http://www.startribune.com/508/story/1496252.html Interesting read... Amazing the few number of games that will be on TV. If Minnesota thought they were getting a public relations guy they missed badly and they should not be surprised by this. Thoughts? If Tubby can win 15 games, they'll probalby give him an extension and name the court after him. He has a great opportunity to win a few games in the Big Ten.
October 27, 200718 yr I guess Tubby trying to bring Big Blue Madness into Minnesota, or create his own ways of a Midnight Madness. Everybody does Midnight Madness these days, and it's not like UK invented it.
October 27, 200718 yr Everybody does Midnight Madness these days, and it's not like UK invented it. That credit actually goes to Lefty Driessel and Maryland, but Kentucky, which began putting these events on under Joe B. Hall in the early 1980s, is widely recognized as the best "exploiter" of the event. http://archive.sportingnews.com/cbasketball/articles/20001013/266151.html
October 27, 200718 yr I like Tubby, I will try to catch a lot of his games on the Big 10 network this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.