Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby's Tip Off

Featured Replies

I do. I've always liked Tubby, and I'll be keeping an eye on how he does at Minnesota. I wish him nothing but success.

 

 

:thumb: Ditto here. :thumb:

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its funny that Tubby gets blasted for his style but I'm pretty sure UK and A&M averaged almost the exact same number of points per game.

 

Why that can't be!!! ;)

Not to be smart, but who cares?

 

Not me, thats for sure.

I do. I've always liked Tubby, and I'll be keeping an eye on how he does at Minnesota. I wish him nothing but success.

 

:thumb: I must not be the only person that enjoyed Tubby ball. That is why so many of his players were low recruits and low on talent but they made the NBA. He made them smarter about basketball.

If he can win 20 games at Minnesota they will name some lakes after him.

 

 

He will win up there and they will love him.

 

Big 10 fits him well.

  • Author
If he can win 20 games at Minnesota they will name some lakes after him.

 

 

He will win up there and they will love him.

 

Big 10 fits him well.

 

Yeah :D

I will watch Golden Gopher games. I think this is a fresh start for UK and For Coach Orlando "Tubby" Smith. Good luck to him in Big Ten land.

  • Author
I will watch Golden Gopher games. I think this is a fresh start for UK and For Coach Orlando "Tubby" Smith. Good luck to him in Big Ten land.

 

Nice Post! :thumb:

I think UK and Minnesota will be matched in the NCAA tournament within 3 years.

 

Goodluck Tubby

Its funny that Tubby gets blasted for his style but I'm pretty sure UK and A&M averaged almost the exact same number of points per game.

 

:lol: :thumb:

 

BCG is the savior! Didn't you know?!

What's funny to me is that most of the Tubby Bashers were Rich Brooks bashers up until The Music City Bowl Last year...:creepy:

What's funny to me is that most of the Tubby Bashers were Rich Brooks bashers up until The Music City Bowl Last year...:creepy:

 

There were still a few Brooks bashers a few games into this season. Even after the UL game. No UK coach is completely immune from bashers at anytime. Look closely at this board and you will find a few (very few now) that still don't care for Brooks and never will. You can't make everyone happy, ever. But winning makes it a whole lot harder to argue against a coach, that's for sure.

  • Author
I think UK and Minnesota will be matched in the NCAA tournament within 3 years.

 

Goodluck Tubby

 

I agree.

 

The NCAA would put that game together real quick!

I wish Tubby the best. Great coach and a great family man.

The NCAA could use a few more guys with the character of OTS.

I like Tubby...I hope nothing but the best for him.

It was time to move on...things had gotten stale and he was not going to change. A little disheartening to an extent because if he would have gotten a bonafide recruiter or two he could still be coach, but he was stubborn to the end. One thing that is obviously glaring and a little incredulous is the fact he did not bring in one assistant from UK to Gopher Land.

 

Obviously, one thing has not changed since he is in Minnesota, and that is his bunker mentality with players and himself regarding the media.

To me he felt the media was an unnescessary evil. He did not do enough to promote the program.

Now he is doing the same thing in Minnesota.

http://www.startribune.com/508/story/1496252.html

Interesting read...

Amazing the few number of games that will be on TV.

If Minnesota thought they were getting a public relations guy they missed badly and they should not be surprised by this.

Thoughts?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.