Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gallatin Co.?

Featured Replies

Is Gallatin County as good as their record is, or is the strength of schedule low?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trimble County?? Not a walk in the park. Bellevue will be a good game. They are good. Improved over their first varsity year last year.

  • Author

But still do you think that Gallatin's weak schedule contributes to their good record so far this year. Im talking about Bracken County and teams like that.

I think that Gallatin Co. is a mediocre team. Against Carroll, the Panthers had them on the ropes and then one thing went wrong and Carroll let up. Owen Co. is just not a very good team overall. When Gallatin faced Frankfort it was a smashing 68-8 loss. Frankfort was a great quality team to be playing. Trimble was a quality win, not to make excuses for Trimble but Bird was not 100%. If a rematch were to happen, it could be a total different ball game with Bird playing at his best. Eminence has not done very much this year and Evarts I have no clue about. Bracken Co. is Bracken Co., enough said! The way I see it, the schedule is not very tough and when it gets tough the Wildcats struggle. (with the exception of Trimble) I think Bellevue will be a good test for Gallatin, that seems to be the only "test" on the schedule. Good luck to Gallatin the rest of the season!

I think that Gallatin Co. is a mediocre team. Against Carroll, the Panthers had them on the ropes and then one thing went wrong and Carroll let up. Owen Co. is just not a very good team overall. When Gallatin faced Frankfort it was a smashing 68-8 loss. Frankfort was a great quality team to be playing. Trimble was a quality win, not to make excuses for Trimble but Bird was not 100%. If a rematch were to happen, it could be a total different ball game with Bird playing at his best. Eminence has not done very much this year and Evarts I have no clue about. Bracken Co. is Bracken Co., enough said! The way I see it, the schedule is not very tough and when it gets tough the Wildcats struggle. (with the exception of Trimble) I think Bellevue will be a good test for Gallatin, that seems to be the only "test" on the schedule. Good luck to Gallatin the rest of the season!

 

 

I would'nt think Bellvue would be a "test" they would pass, just MHO.

I would'nt think Bellvue would be a "test" they would pass, just MHO.

 

Agreed! I think Bellevue is too strong for Gallatin and I know Coach Eckstein will have them ready. Good luck to both teams! :thumb:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Ludlow lay it on Gallatin Co. pretty hard when the two teams scrimmaged this year?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Ludlow lay it on Gallatin Co. pretty hard when the two teams scrimmaged this year?

 

It will be the same schedule almost every season (6 of the games anyway). District games with Bracken,Trimble,Eminence,and Frankfort and neighbor rivals Carroll and Owen. That leaves 4 games. Who do want them to play? They are a Class A school.

Gallatin's schedule isn't much different than Trimble's. Besides the 6 common opponents the Raiders play Casey Co.,North Oldham,Henry Co,and Ludlow. Gallatin's is Spencer Co.,Evarts,Bellevue,and Bishop Brossart. What's your point?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Ludlow lay it on Gallatin Co. pretty hard when the two teams scrimmaged this year?

 

Yeah, didn't Ludlow sqeak by Trimble in the final minutes and Gallatin drubbed the Raiders in Bedford? Comparing scores is useless.

I think that Gallatin Co. is a mediocre team. Against Carroll, the Panthers had them on the ropes and then one thing went wrong and Carroll let up. Owen Co. is just not a very good team overall. When Gallatin faced Frankfort it was a smashing 68-8 loss. Frankfort was a great quality team to be playing. Trimble was a quality win, not to make excuses for Trimble but Bird was not 100%. If a rematch were to happen, it could be a total different ball game with Bird playing at his best. Eminence has not done very much this year and Evarts I have no clue about. Bracken Co. is Bracken Co., enough said! The way I see it, the schedule is not very tough and when it gets tough the Wildcats struggle. (with the exception of Trimble) I think Bellevue will be a good test for Gallatin, that seems to be the only "test" on the schedule. Good luck to Gallatin the rest of the season!

 

If " if's and buts were candy and nuts everybody would have a merry Christmas."

Gallatin plays who ever is on their schedule.... end of story. You can't argue with results.

Gallatin is doing things the right way. Being only their second year of varsity football I wouldn't expect the schedule to be any different. You have to walk before you run. Now Eminence didn't play a district schedule for years and scheduled as many weak teams as possible and competeted in the 8 man league which no longer exists. Aside from doing something like that this is the way you are supposed to build a program. Schedule what you hope are some winnable games outside district play, and line up and play whoevers in your district. Although we( Frankfort) beat them soundly the score is not indicative as to what type of game it was. Gallatin moved the ball pretty well, but couldn't put in the endzone. I was very impressed with what I saw.

It will be the same schedule almost every season (6 of the games anyway). District games with Bracken,Trimble,Eminence,and Frankfort and neighbor rivals Carroll and Owen. That leaves 4 games. Who do want them to play? They are a Class A school.

 

Gallatin and Trimble have much the same schedule as they are in the same district and in the same conference. Once Walton-Verona gains a varsity team, they will have one additional "set" game. It does not allow for a lot of choice in scheduling.

Gallatin is doing things the right way. Being only their second year of varsity football I wouldn't expect the schedule to be any different. You have to walk before you run. Now Eminence didn't play a district schedule for years and scheduled as many weak teams as possible and competeted in the 8 man league which no longer exists. Aside from doing something like that this is the way you are supposed to build a program. Schedule what you hope are some winnable games outside district play, and line up and play whoevers in your district. Although we( Frankfort) beat them soundly the score is not indicative as to what type of game it was. Gallatin moved the ball pretty well, but couldn't put in the endzone. I was very impressed with what I saw.

 

Pigman, you did it again! Very classy.

Pigman, you did it again! Very classy.

Agree!:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.