Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Carter 38 East Carter 12

Featured Replies

A bit of a surprise in Olive Hill.

Wow is right.

 

That is suprising. Not that West Carter won but the margin is stunning.

Shocked. .

Congrats to West Carter on a HUGE rivalry win. :thumb:

I heard the Comets unleashed a shotgun aerial assault on the Raiders. Nearly 400 yards of offense by West.

 

I am really surprised that West held East to 12. Their D hasn't been very good this year.

I called it....you never can tell who is going to win between those two. It is a huge rivalry.
You sure did ,congratulations to Coach Brown & the Comets.

I know it is difficult to compare scores, especially in high school. I just looked at East scores against Fairview and Raceland. I think West can play with Fairview. Any chance they can beat Raceland?

I know it is difficult to compare scores, especially in high school. I just looked at East scores against Fairview and Raceland. I think West can play with Fairview. Any chance they can beat Raceland?

 

Both Fairview and Raceland have good skill and great defenses, and it's hard to compare scores especially when you are comparing rivalry games, but the Comets are doing a great job will be interesting.

This one killed alot of people in the Eastern Ky Contest. Alot of 7 and 5 points values waged on East. When filling out mine, I accidently typed in West instead of East and after posting it and seeing it, I went back and edited. Seems as if I should start going with my fingers instead of my head.:lol:

Wow! Congratulations to Kevin Brown and staff! Couldn't be happier for one of the truly good guys in high school sports.

Did not see this one coming. This should wrap up the 3 seed, is that correct?

Wow! West Carter took East Carter to the woodshed in this game. I think that most area football fans would have looked at this game as a W for the East side of the county heading into the season. West had one of their better teams in school history last year and had to hang on for their first win against the Raiders in several years as time ran out. East was rebuilding last year with a youthful front against a veteran Comet team.

 

Heading into the season West lost a lot with the departure of their senior class. East on the other hand returned 9 or 10 starters on both sides of the ball.

 

Evidently the team from Olive Hill must have really wanted to keep that "Old Oaken Barrell" another year because they came to play football and the East Carter team, as I heard one observer comment on the sidelines, came to pillow fight.

 

It is hard to imagine how only one team came to play when they both had two full weeks to think about it and get psyched up for it. How is that possible? Hats off to the West Carter team and staff for a dominant win. Even though the score was 38-12, it wasn't really that close! How strange is that to say? East Carter never even gave their faithful a ray of hope that they could win this game.

Just to rub it in....

 

I heard West beat East in JV action last night!:banana:

 

West won the 8th grade game as well...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.