Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Carter 38 East Carter 12

Featured Replies

Just to rub it in....

 

I heard West beat East in JV action last night!:banana:

 

West won the 8th grade game as well...

 

I know it has been a long and fairly frustrating rivalry for the folks at West Carter and you may want to crow about each and every football victory; however, there is really no need to feel like you need anymore scores on any level to rub anything in! The thumping delivered by the varsity team was plenty of rubbing for everyone. It is now 4 days AD (after drubbing) and I am still in shock to the point where a jv score and a middle school score are having no effect on me whatsoever.

 

Congrats to the Comets on all levels!

AD=After Drubbing....that is funny.

 

I have to say I was surprised myself.

 

On another note the Committee of Comets met over teleconference and came up with the top 3 goals for West Carter football in the upcoming years.

1. Beat East

2. Play East every week if they hire a Baldwin

3. Beat East

I played one year at West before I transfered to Johnson Central. I think we played East twice( I could be wrong) that year and won both. Congrats to coach Brown.:thumb:

I played one year at West before I transfered to Johnson Central. I think we played East twice( I could be wrong) that year and won both. Congrats to coach Brown.:thumb:

 

I don't remember the year but you are correct. I do believe that it happened when Mike Jones, now assistant coach at Russell was the head coach. He did an outstanding job at West.

Pancake and Fly in are both right.

 

West beat East twice in one year when Mike Jones was head coach. I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

Just out of curiosity.... do any of you remember , since we are going down memory lane, how many years it was before West ever posted it's first win over East. It came in 1986. I remember the fans marching around the field chanting " we beat East, we beat East ." I believe it was up in the teens (16 years ) maybe , before they got their first win.:sssh::sssh:

The first win was in 86.

 

You have to remember Niners Fan, that your country cousins over in Olive Hill have a much smaller high school. East Carter fans seem to forget that West Carter is a much smaller school.

 

I was told by a current school official that there are approximately 75 foster kids, if not more, every year at West. A large portion of their students are shipped in as wards of the state.

 

WE BEAT EAST!

 

PS: Donald Damron's retirment from coaching is the best thing that has happened for West football in years. He was good.

  • Author
The first win was in 86.

 

You have to remember Niners Fan, that your country cousins over in Olive Hill have a much smaller high school. East Carter fans seem to forget that West Carter is a much smaller school.

 

I was told by a current school official that there are approximately 75 foster kids, if not more, every year at West. A large portion of their students are shipped in as wards of the state.

 

WE BEAT EAST!

 

PS: Donald Damron's retirment from coaching is the best thing that has happened for West football in years. He was good.

 

If it were that much smaller we would be in different classes. I agree it is a smaller school, but I am not sure it is significantly smaller. I believe East is around 800 and West is maybe 650-700 now. Raceland is much smaller and has dominated the series with East. I believe feeder systems may have more to do with success today than school size. Both East and West are have really developed their feeder systems (JFL) the last several years, I just hope we see it continue to pay off more than it has for both teams this season.

My point was that if you take away the foster children enrolled at West, there would be well under 600 students. West is the smallest 3A school in KHSAA and was on the verge of being 1A a few years ago.

AD=After Drubbing....that is funny.

 

I have to say I was surprised myself.

 

On another note the Committee of Comets met over teleconference and came up with the top 3 goals for West Carter football in the upcoming years.

1. Beat East

2. Play East every week if they hire a Baldwin

3. Beat East

 

 

I believe your #2 will be hard to chew as Coach Baldwin matures into a head coach. There will be crow on the menu if you are interested. Get at me in a couple of years and heck, ill even bake it up for you.

AtLeast,

I have ate Crow many times before and I will eat it again. Much of what I said was in jest. East Carter's new coach has a long way to go, to be even close to coach and man Donald Damron was.

 

I was told that East does not have a coach over 30 for their team. That is not a good situation. Youth is ok, but wisdom is needed. East apparently changes offensive philosophies every week.

 

The talk after the game according to some sources was that East players refused to go into the game. If true, that shows lack of respect for a coach, and lack of discipline.

 

 

Sigma Pi at Morehead?

AtLeast,

I have ate Crow many times before and I will eat it again. Much of what I said was in jest. East Carter's new coach has a long way to go, to be even close to coach and man Donald Damron was.

 

I was told that East does not have a coach over 30 for their team. That is not a good situation. Youth is ok, but wisdom is needed. East apparently changes offensive philosophies every week.

 

The talk after the game according to some sources was that East players refused to go into the game. If true, that shows lack of respect for a coach, and lack of discipline.

 

 

Sigma Pi at Morehead?

 

 

If we are lucky enough to hang on to this coaching staff you my friend will be eating plenty of crow! Damron was and is a heck of a coach and a good man, but I think he would be one of the first people to tell you that you would be hard pressed to find a better guy than coach Baldwin. You have your right to voice your opinion about his football knowledge on here, but please keep your opinion of what kind of man he is to yourself. That would make the most since, because I assume you do not even know Baldwin. I just hope for the future of East Carter football that Coach Baldwin gets enough time to show what he and his coaching staff can do. :thumb:

Damron is a tough act to follow. I know I hold him high on my list of impressive coaches. I'm sure that the new head coach will do fine with time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.