Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 South Laurel

Featured Replies

What does South Laurel need to do to improve in 2007/2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does South Laurel need to do to improve in 2007/2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

 

Id say to hope that Hammonds, Smith and Profit can repeat their senior seasons. Otherwise, SL may have to take their licks this year from Corbin and others.

IMO South will never fall to far off the basketball map. The big three or whatever are gone, but they have lost really good players in the past and still played a high level of basketball. They will lose a few more games this year, but it will take a good team to beat them. They still have a good coaching staff and many new players who have been waiting their time.

I think SL is in for a down year. Good teams SL has beat for years will handle them and probably try to beat them pretty good, because SL has been so good for so long recently.

I think SL is in for a down year. Good teams SL has beat for years will handle them and probably try to beat them pretty good, because SL has been so good for so long recently.

 

If by "down" you mean they won't win the region, I'll buy that. If you're suggesting a .500 record, well, I'd have to question the quality of your tap water. :D

 

They probably won't win the region, but they will be a factor. St. John figures to grow and improve a great deal, and I would look for him to have a big season. Gilbert will also improve a lot. And guys like Price, Jones, Bailey and Bortnem are all seniors looking to make the most of their long-awaited opportunity.

 

And you have to remember, the kids moving into starting roles have been getting beat up on by Smith/Hammonds/Proffitt in practice daily for the past few years. They won't win fewer than 20 games, rest assured.

If by "down" you mean they won't win the region, I'll buy that. If you're suggesting a .500 record, well, I'd have to question the quality of your tap water. :D

 

They probably won't win the region, but they will be a factor. St. John figures to grow and improve a great deal, and I would look for him to have a big season. Gilbert will also improve a lot. And guys like Price, Jones, Bailey and Bortnem are all seniors looking to make the most of their long-awaited opportunity.

 

And you have to remember, the kids moving into starting roles have been getting beat up on by Smith/Hammonds/Proffitt in practice daily for the past few years. They won't win fewer than 20 games, rest assured.

 

I watched South play this summer and was simply not impressed by their personnel. I do think they will be over .500, but they can't compete with Cumberland and Corbin IMO, and I don't think they can beat Pineville either.

I watched South play this summer and was simply not impressed by their personnel. I do think they will be over .500, but they can't compete with Cumberland and Corbin IMO, and I don't think they can beat Pineville either.

 

I think they can at least compete with Cumberland and Corbin, who IMO will be the favorites in the 13th and should beat South this year, Pineville will be a good team but I feel South can still win this game and many more.

I think they can at least compete with Cumberland and Corbin, who IMO will be the favorites in the 13th and should beat South this year, Pineville will be a good team but I feel South can still win this game and many more.

 

When I saw them play this summer I was not impressed with their JV or varsity. Unless they have some players that wasn't there or new, I don't think they can compete with Corbin or Cumberland.

You guys put waaaaaayyyyyyy too much stock in how a team plays in the summer v. how they will play in the winter. It's like nobody ever takes into account players not available because of committments to football or baseball, as well as many other variables.

Everyone in the 13th is wanting South Laurel to not be competitive this season. It's not gonna happen. They won't be as dominate as they have been the past few seasons with the loss of Proffitt, Hammons, Smith, and company, ... but Steve Wright's teams are ALWAYS competitive. The Cardinals will be fine.

You guys put waaaaaayyyyyyy too much stock in how a team plays in the summer v. how they will play in the winter. It's like nobody ever takes into account players not available because of committments to football or baseball, as well as many other variables.

 

Everybody says that, and it's true that sometimes teams aren't at full strength, but you get a real good idea who is going to be good and who isn't by watching summer basketball.

 

If anyone was watching summer basketball in 2006, they could have predicted Cumberland would be the most improved team in the region. Corbin and Cumberland were the two best teams last summer, and they will go into the season 1 and 2 this year.

You guys put waaaaaayyyyyyy too much stock in how a team plays in the summer v. how they will play in the winter. It's like nobody ever takes into account players not available because of committments to football or baseball, as well as many other variables.

 

 

Hey like I said, if they have a couple players I don't know about things could be different, but from what I have seen of them, I was not very impressed with their personnel. They have a good coach and that goes a long ways though, but I can't see them coming close to winning a region this year.

By the way where will the 13th region be played at this year? Should be alot of fun much like the one last year!

I've notice that Breathitt co. has SL on their sch. would this be because it's a down year for SL.

If SL makes it to Rupp this year Steve Wright should be considered for coach of the year. I was however impressed with the development of St John at the end of last year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.