Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 South Laurel

Featured Replies

Can you produce any publication, roster or other source listing Josh Crawford at 6'6?

  • Replies 63
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was answering the post from Fossil............There are no publications that list Crawford as 6'6 just as they are none that list St. John at 6'8, it's just all internet talk and or just wishful thinking. I work with several hound fans and Crawford is anywhere from 6'3 1/2 to 6'6, just depends on which one i'm talking to.

I can tell you he is 6'4 and 1/2" and is about 215.....mark it down. Coach P lists him at 6'5. I think that is fair enough. Comparing Crawford and St. John is like comparing D Wade and Shaq....two different players and two different positions. This is about South Laurel to begin with. Not how tall someone om another team is. The Proof will be in the pudding. Time will tell where both young men play at the next level.

Sounds like someone's a little touchy this morning.

Crawford is a man no matter what height he is listed at.

6'6", 6'8", 6'10". Wow. This hype reminds me a little of when the big Mills kid was playing at Corbin. According to the Corbin people he was growing about an inch every two weeks. He went from 6'6" to 6'10" over the summer. However, during the season when he was playing against a legit 6'10" center he appeared to be several inches shorter.

 

While looking at Cumberland College's roster I thought about this post, they have Mills listed as 6'10 and 290 a BIG man!

I would think Coach Butcher can measure accurately as well. Mills was a legit 6'9 in high school.

I would think Coach Butcher can measure accurately as well. Mills was a legit 6'9 in high school.

 

Height is overexaggerated all over the place. Watch the NBA draft and see the actual height of players and then compare them to what they are listed in college. Isaiah Mills was not 6'9 in high school IMO.

Next time you run into him take out the tape measure and see where he tips out at. You might be surprised. He is a big boy.

Height is overexaggerated all over the place. Watch the NBA draft and see the actual height of players and then compare them to what they are listed in college. Isaiah Mills was not 6'9 in high school IMO.

 

Maybe he doesn't stand up straight and tall all the time:p

It's obvious South Laurel won't be as good as in year's past and I look for the Cardinals to start off slow, but finish strong in the regular season.

I believe they play seven of their last nine games at home and I'm sure that is for a reason to get them on a roll before post-season begins.

Corbin is the team to beat in the district and Cumberland along with the Redhounds are the teams to beat in the region, but neither team is head and shoulders better than 3 through 10.

I really believe South Laurel will be a dangerous team if the Cards can reach the region tournament. I don't know if they could win the region, but I know I sure wouldn't want to play them in the first round or in a one and done game. They have better talent than many think.

Imagine South losing in the district finals and drawing Cumberland in the first round of the region. That could be a trap game. And, in all honesty, I'm more sold on Corbin than I am Cumberland. Coach P is a great coach and he has a greating coaching staff and a solid neucleus of players.

For South to be successful, Gilbert must be solid, along with St. John, Zack Smith and some other players like Bortnem.

I believe Billy Jones is the key to the team, though.

If Jones would ahve played last season, South goes further in state play.

A team to look out for is, of course, Knox Central and North Laurel.

I read the Cats Pause and shook my head when I read the player rankins and the team rankings. I know the coaches vote on that stuff, but some of that is HILARIOUS. North Laurel will be better than the ninth best team, at least, that's what I believe.

I believe Billy Jones is the key to the team, though.

If Jones would ahve played last season, South goes further in state play.

 

Couldn't agree more.

 

 

A team to look out for is, of course, Knox Central and North Laurel.

I read the Cats Pause and shook my head when I read the player rankins and the team rankings. I know the coaches vote on that stuff, but some of that is HILARIOUS. North Laurel will be better than the ninth best team, at least, that's what I believe.

 

North will put some serious points on the board this year and should win the district, IMO.

 

Knox Central will improve as Miller matures.

I read the Cats Pause and shook my head when I read the player rankins and the team rankings. I know the coaches vote on that stuff, but some of that is HILARIOUS. North Laurel will be better than the ninth best team, at least, that's what I believe.

 

North Laurel is capable of beating anyone in the region, but they were 11-17 last year and lost to Red Bird in the district tournament.

 

Which teams ranked ahead of them do you think are too highly rated?

North Laurel is capable of beating anyone in the region, but they were 11-17 last year and lost to Red Bird in the district tournament.

 

Which teams ranked ahead of them do you think are too highly rated?

 

I would have North Laurel at 6th, ahead of Clay, Knox Central and Bell Co. Corbin is pretty solid 1, but I think 2-5 could be anyway you want to pick.

I would have North Laurel at 6th, ahead of Clay, Knox Central and Bell Co. Corbin is pretty solid 1, but I think 2-5 could be anyway you want to pick.

 

 

I can see Bell, but Knox Central and Clay have just about everyone back and were better than North last year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.