Belfry 49 Pikeville 7

The Windex Man

Any news on Dustin May?

I am wondering the same thing, if I hear anything I will let you know. From the way he was leaving the field on his own power it didn't appear to be too serious, but this is Dustin May, that kid is as tough as a bag of nails.

With Magoffin County and Pike Central the next two weeks we should be able to rest some of the players who are a bit banged up. Charlie Dotson has been extra impressive when he enters the game at FB, so I don't think our offense will be in much jeopardy the next two weeks. Ironically, it's probably a good thing that Pike Central is so oriented towards the Spread Offense this season, in case we won't have May on defense that game.

I want to take this time to repeat what was said numerous times on the Tape Delay Broadcast on WPRG-TV. The score was lopsided, but there is no reason that Pikeville should be down on their team after this. With the way the playoff format shakes out in the East in 1A the Panthers still have every chance to make it to the carpet, and may actually still be the favorite to get there.

The Panthers should take care of business in their district, and their last challenge in the regular season should be a P-burg team which I think Pikeville can/will defeat. Thus, an 8-2 regular season. They should win their first two playoff games settign up a regional finals matchup with Hazard, who I have seen in person and will say without hesitation, that a Hazard victory over Pikeville would surprise me. LCA appeared to eb the top dog in their district, but Corbin took them to the woodshed and ran all over the Eagles on their homefield. BUT, if Pikeville pulls a repeat of last season where they absolutely took a mental nosedive after losing the Belfry game, then they ebcome their own worst enemy. I think I speak on behalf of most Pirate fans when I say, GOOD LUCK PIKEVILLE THE REST OF THE WAY!

(Plus: There may not be a 1A team in the state on the level of Belfry... Beechwood included :sssh:)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, lets update some Belfry stats using the KHSAA's current stats and those provided from yesterday's News-Express:

UNOFFICAL

TEAM (5 games played):

Points Scored: 225 (45.0 per game)

Points Allowed: 41 (8.2 per game)

Opponents combined record: 16-14

Rushing Yards: 1725 (345.0 per game)

Rushing yards Allowed: 366 (73.2 per game)

Passing Yards: 253 (50.6 per game)

Passing Yards Allowed: 272 ( 54.4 per game)

Total Yards: 1978 (395.6 per game)

Total yards Allowed: 638 (127.6 per game)

INDIVIDUAL

Rushing

Dustin May: 67 carries, 733 yards, 11 TD ( 146.6 per game, 10.9 yards per carry, TD every 6.1 carries)

Ivan Lee: 32 carries, 408 yards, 6 TD ( 81.6 per game, 12.8 yards per carry, TD every 5.3carries)

Passing

Andrew Elkins: 19/34, 253 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT

Scoring

Dustin May: 11 Rush TD, 1 Rec TD, 72 points ( 14.4 per game)

Few points to ponder.....

Pikeville is a very good 1A football team. However, some of the play calling and decisions that were made by the coaching staff were quite mindboggling. The post game comments by Pikeville's Head Coach were..to the say the least...less than impressive.

Haven't seen Belfry run a fullback trap??

Belfry is definitely for real. Defensively...this may very well be the best team Belfry's had since 1985/1986. Nothing against the 2003/2004 teams...but this defense...may be at an entirely new level. However, this team cannot afford to lose Dustin May on either side of the ball. Not sure why May was still in the game when he tweaked his knee....but....good judgement has to prevail in those situations.

Overall...it appeared to be a clean game. Obviously, there was some "jawing" between squads....but really, you wouldn't want it any other way. The late hit early in the contest..wasn't a cheap shot...just a kid being aggesssive.

Pikeville...you need to keep your chin up. Things will get better.

Belfry....you need to stay focused on the task at hand. Right now...you're #1 in 3A...and very deserving of that. Don't get too high....and don't get too low. Haywood has always done a good job in preparing his teams and striving for improvement each week. So far...so good. Stay healthy...stay focused.... Pirate Nation is very proud.

Could not beleive the score when I heard this one. WOW.

I was not able to attend the game, but after viewing the highlights on WYMT's Sports Overtime, it looked like Pirate runners had HUGE hole through which to run.

Welcome to BGP Pirate Pride and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/forumd...aysprune=&f=34

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

That is why I asked the question Belfry 03. I had seen that in the paper, under the "recruiting" tidbit. Then while watching the WYMT highlight, those guys mentioned something. Perhaps they were just basing it on the newspaper article as well. I was just trying to see if anyone had further insight.

Let me just add that I am skeptical and would find it suprising (pleasantly as a Belfry fan) if UK was recruting him. Just thought that after hearing it mentioned TWICE, I would see if anyone had heard anything.

Here is my understanding of the matter, keep in mind there are rules about how much they are allowed to talk about recruits, so I asked a staff member and they didn' comment to me, but I asked a player, who is from Belfry hard to figure that one out I know haha.

But he said as of right now they are wanting Dustin to walk on.

However I have a job which I work closely with Marshall University, and I know they have made some looks at Dustin also, from my understanding UK is looking at him for Tight End.

That is why I asked the question Belfry 03. I had seen that in the paper, under the "recruiting" tidbit. Then while watching the WYMT highlight, those guys mentioned something. Perhaps they were just basing it on the newspaper article as well. I was just trying to see if anyone had further insight.

Let me just add that I am skeptical and would find it suprising (pleasantly as a Belfry fan) if UK was recruting him. Just thought that after hearing it mentioned TWICE, I would see if anyone had heard anything.

I spoke with a guy from WYMT, and he said that Dustin's dad told him that UK was recruiting him.