Ashland / Boyd County Predictions

lionfan13

Who will pick up their first win this week?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will pick up their first win this week?

• Ashland
    • Boyd County
    • Rather not say or predict

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In like Ashland in this one. They continue to show flashes of a good team on the edge of a breakthrough. This game is it for them IMO. Boyd has been on a roller coaster of a season and I dont see this being able to pull this one out even at home. My prediction:

Ashland: 28

Boyd Co.: 15

Jeepman,

What 2 would they have lost in your opinion??

Let's face it they have been in every game they have played. I'm saying had Thomas been coming out of the backfield three of those losses could have been wins. Who knows maybe they would be 5-0. I would just like to see Ashland start Thomas at running back and stay with it for one game and see what the result is. What they are doing right now is not working. Try something different. Get into a rhythem.

To answer your question. I really had no team in mind just saying that they may have won some of those close games had Thomas been coming out of the backfield the entire game and not just for a play here and there.

Thomas still hesitates before contact. I noticed it last week on several of his running plays. If a coach could just somehow explain or demonstrate to him that he would be much better off to "give the hit" instead of "take the hit". There would also be considerable extra yardage on each play for him.