NKY Football Mid-Season in Review

jbwill2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are you saying about the 2005 team? That it was a fluke?

Actually in 2005 Bellevue got smacked by a very good Indian Hill team in a non-district game and I think that helped prepare them for Beechwood who they beat. They got drilled in the playoffs by NCC but they are 2A now so that's taken care of. The Indian Hill game was the type of game that will help them prepare for Beechwood or whoever in Class A.

In Bellevue's defense they can't control how good the teams that are on your schedule are in a given year. Newport, Paris, Bracken, Lloyd are all struggling.

So what are you saying about the 2005 team? That it was a fluke?

and what did they do?? Got SMACKED come playoffs. They beat up on some teams during the year but when it really counted...........I just think year in and year out they hurt their own chances by who they play in the regular season.

1. Biggest pleasant surprise (team) in NKY so far

2. Biggest disappointment (team) in NKY so far

3. Best coaching job in NKY so far

4. Best football game in NKY so far

5. Best offense in NKY so far

6. Best defense in NKY so far

7. Best special teams in NKY so far

8. Best player in NKY so far

9. Best overall team in NKY so far

1 Dayton

2 Holmes CovCath (I know they lost a lot but thought they would still be better than this

3 Maybe Dayton again I think things are really going to turn around Dayton but I hear not to much coming up talent wise the next few years so we have to wait and see.

5 HHS

6 NCC/Beechwood

9 HHS

I remember asking this question in the pre-season, "Do you people really think CCH is going to be that good?"

This is when some were calling for them to repeat as District champs. Funny thing is, HSSB and CSHS were the only ones to agree with me that they wouldn't be that good.

Sticky you should include me in your above post about CovCath fans with a realistic view of the CovCath football season.... I wrote the below in the Ryle vs. CovCath scrimmage game thread....

Will CovCath have a winning season? My guess is that CovCath will have a losing season, due to their schedule. I could see a losing season, not because they are bad but because of the quality of the teams from top to bottom that they are playing this year....

@ Nippert LaSalle Loss Correct

NCC Win......In a very close game missed this one

@Dixie Loss Correct

Scott Win Correct

HHS Loss.....Blow out and HHS will run up the score.... Correct

Beechwood Win.....Upset.....First night game ever at CovCath, Coach Brossart first game against his old High School, Senior night, and 40th year for Football at CovCath.... It will be a very emotional game for the Colonels.

@The Pit Elder Loss

@Holmes Win

@Columbus St. Charles Loss

@Louisville St. X Loss

That's only 4 wins and 6 losses, but they make the playoffs and upset Dixie, then lose to HHS at HHS..... IMO, only HHS in NKy would have a winning record with this schedule. I could see HHS even with the outstanding team they will have this season, only going 6-4.

and what did they do?? Got SMACKED come playoffs. They beat up on some teams during the year but when it really counted...........I just think year in and year out they hurt their own chances by who they play in the regular season.

How can you say that they beat Beechwood defending state champs.

Bellevue defeated a highly touted and fully loaded Newport team in week 1. They defeated what was a tough Paris team in week 2. Ludlow played very well against them in week 3 and Bellevue still won. I will give you they didn't play at all against NCC. They did as expected and defeated Brossart.

Let's face it. When they beat Newport it ruined Newport's season. They lost thier QB, injured their best back, and in general that game caused a lot of problems to surface in Newport. Paris lost 3 two way starters in the Bellevue game. They are not the same team they were when they showed up in Bellevue. To say Ludlow played poorly against Bellevue is a joke. Ludlow did a great job and was a fine team until they lost their qb.

Give the boys from Bellevue a little credit. No one picked them to be 4-1 at this point and they are.

NewCath84........Bellevue's non district schedule includes 3 larger division schools (NCC, Newport, and LLoyd). Paris was supposed to be a great team and as it has turned out are not. Bellevue's schedule on paper before the season should be considered good. They can't help what goes on in other programs.

OK guys......CCH is 1-4, big deal. We all know deep down it doesn't matter until week 11 unless you're playing in Ohio, and last time I checked we are in KY. Records don't mean anything. Look at CCH's schedule. I mean I'm prouder of being 1-4 and playing tough games week in and week out than I would be if we we're 4-1 or whatever playing easy games. Losing teaches you something way more than winning against the easy teams. IN the long run, CCH will be better off so let's not give them a hard time and say things like "even after losing what they had last year, i would expect better than this." Come playoff time, CCH will already have played and went through the toughest teams they will face so that means they will be battle tested. I'm confident in this team. The seniors will step up just like every year and finish this season with pride regardless of there record. But to be fair, let's give some credit where credit is due and Dayton and Bellevue, you have gotten my attention and respect so keep up the hard work, it will pay off.

NewCath84........Bellevue's non district schedule includes 3 larger division schools (NCC, Newport, and LLoyd). Paris was supposed to be a great team and as it has turned out are not. Bellevue's schedule on paper before the season should be considered good. They can't help what goes on in other programs.

OK at best not good. I am not bashing them I want them to do well I just think they can help themselves out a little bit that's all. I know everyone needs a game or two to beat up on some people

They may have beat upper class schools that are only one class ahead... under the old system they would have been in there class... so i dont know how much that is saying... you would have a point if you were playing 5 and 6A teams

What sense would it make for a school with 120 boys, all of whom live within one mile of the school, to play schools with 600 or 700 boys in the regular season? Isn't it enough that they play a couple of lower division all star teams? By the way, the Tigers also scrimmaged Campbell Co. and Grant Co. Also, under the old system Lloyd and Newport would still be AA.