Most Underrated Team in your Class??

In Class 6A, the Henry Clay Blue Devils are vastly underrated.

Did not make the Litkenhous Top Twenty and are ranked 14th in Class 6A in those same ratings. Eight of the top ten in the poll are greater Louisville teams (maybe that's why the CJ uses this poll). Also, Henry Clay beat number 5 ranked Ballard like a drum in a scrimmage.

Henry Clay winsthe most underrated team in Class 6A hands-down!

In 3A, I think that Belfry is underrated. Central's schedule is impressive, but when was the last 'Jacket state title? Belfry will have a much easier path to the carpet than most people expect. IMO, it is a two-team race for the 3A title.

As a Belfry fan I would love to agree with you, but the Pirates are ranked either #1 or #2 in almost every poll, I can't see them being underrated unless you are referring to them in terms of staewide rankings in all classes.

Also, in comparison to Central or Paducah Tilghman's route to Louisville, Belfry has a much more difficult path. Not only do they have to beat Sheldon Clark who is a legit Top 5 team in 3A, but they also have a vastly improved Pike central in their district. They will then have to go on the road in the Regional Finals to probably Somerset, then they will host either Mason County, Russell, or Breathitt if they make the state semi's. The odds are that belfry will have to beat two Top 5 teams and a Top 10 tea to make Louisville...

As a Belfry fan I would love to agree with you, but the Pirates are ranked either #1 or #2 in almost every poll, I can't see them being underrated unless you are referring to them in terms of staewide rankings in all classes.

Also, in comparison to Central or Paducah Tilghman's route to Louisville, Belfry has a much more difficult path. Not only do they have to beat Sheldon Clark who is a legit Top 5 team in 3A, but they also have a vastly improved Pike central in their district. They will then have to go on the road in the Regional Finals to probably Somerset, then they will host either Mason County, Russell, or Breathitt if they make the state semi's. The odds are that belfry will have to beat two Top 5 teams and a Top 10 tea to make Louisville...

Belfry typically starts slow and peaks late but they seem to be hitting their stride early this year. In contrast:

Russell 28

Ashland (0-4) 20

Russell 29

Boyd Co. (0-4) 20

Paris is also 0-4 and their smallest margin of loss was 20 - against Mason County and Bellevue.

I know that Belfry is ranked #2 in most places, but I think that there is a large gap between #2 and 3-10 and I have my doubts about how well Central will handle its overly ambitious schedule. Winning championships requires the confidence that is fed by momentum and I think Central will limp into the playoffs.

I'm confident that they are up to the task! And until proven otherwise, they are the team that stands in everyone's path hoping to win a 3A title.

Belfry typically starts slow and peaks late but they seem to be hitting their stride early this year. In contrast:

Russell 28

Ashland (0-4) 20

Russell 29

Boyd Co. (0-4) 20

Paris is also 0-4 and their smallest margin of loss was 20 - against Mason County and Bellevue.

I know that Belfry is ranked #2 in most places, but I think that there is a large gap between #2 and 3-10 and I have my doubts about how well Central will handle its overly ambitious schedule. Winning championships requires the confidence that is fed by momentum and I think Central will limp into the playoffs.

I wouldn't read to much into the score of any of those three games. IMO Mason County is the most underated team in 3A

I thought the Regional final for Somerset if they make it was with Breathitt's District not Belfry. Anybody help me with that?

I thought the Regional final for Somerset if they make it was with Breathitt's District not Belfry. Anybody help me with that?

Not this year... since the KHSAA has went to the rotating refional finals it means that Somerset's district will host (barring the teams have the same seeds or Somerset's district has the higher seed) District 8's winner (Belfry/Sheldon Clark/Pike Central).

Breathitt's district will play the Russell/Mason district.

I wouldn't read to much into the score of any of those three games. IMO Mason County is the most underated team in 3A

I agree with everything you say.

Russell is not going to blowout many teams this year as they just don't have the homerun hitters like a Gross or Clark, BUT, you an count on Russell to put themselves in position to win every game. the Devils have an oustanding defense and an awesome QB.

Mason County is definately looking like a dangerous team.

I will say that this Belfry team ahs the potential to be just as good, if not better, than the 2003 and 2004 State Championship teams... but there is alot of season left and the Pirates still haven't had a chance for a good team to exploit their weaknesses. Pikeville will be an excellent challenge for Belfry, I honestly feel that Pikeville is a legit contender to make the 1A State Finals.

In Class 6A, the Henry Clay Blue Devils are vastly underrated.

Did not make the Litkenhous Top Twenty and are ranked 14th in Class 6A in those same ratings. Eight of the top ten in the poll are greater Louisville teams (maybe that's why the CJ uses this poll). Also, Henry Clay beat number 5 ranked Ballard like a drum in a scrimmage.

Henry Clay winsthe most underrated team in Class 6A hands-down!

So you think BGP has Henry Clay under rated at #4 in 6A?