Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell Co at Conner: Predictions

Who wins? 56 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Another one with actual playoff chances.

 

Camels go to Conner for a key game. Both are 0-2 in the district so it looks like the loser is in deep.

 

For some reason I think both teams are better than what they shown so far.

 

Who rates the edge?

I think Campbell wins this one 21-7. They've struggled two straight weeks against better teams, but I feel they're better than Conner.

Camels rebound from the two consecutive losses, 28-7.

Camels get very healthy this week. They'll win by 4 TDs.

Camels "O" gets untracked this week--Camels 31-13.

Campbell County 21 Conner 14...

If Conner loses they are done, having already lost to SK. If the Beat the Camels, The Camels are hurting but still have SK on the schedule to make things interesting.

What's the initial take on Conner's new coach by the folks in Hebron?

 

I hear that Trosper is not very much of a motivator especially considering how young the team is. Sometimes you have to build them up. I hear that's not happening.

Campbell is much better but Conner has home field advantage so maybe they have a shot at winning - don't know. Conner must upset Campbell or they are looking at a 10 game season. Just don't think the Camels are gonna let this one get away. I would think that both teams are angry about 0-2 district records. Good luck to both teams - hope it is a good game.

Camels should win this one in a big way!! I'm going to say CC 28 Conner 7

This is a must win for the Camels who've been struggling the last two weeks. The Ryle game was a big disappointment to all the players for Campbell Co. and now the players are looking for a whipping boy.

What's the initial take on Conner's new coach by the folks in Hebron?

 

I hear that Trosper is not very much of a motivator especially considering how young the team is. Sometimes you have to build them up. I hear that's not happening.

 

 

I posted this on another thread.....but here is my opinion on your question...

 

Head Coach has alot to overcome.......but it is true that the Sophomore class has some talent and a few Juniors as well. The Senior class has a few players but for the most part the class as a whole has not stepped up.

 

The O line stands straight 50% of the time or more.....and give the Sophmore QB little or no time to use his very capable arm. We have no dependable upper classmen Running backs that are bruisers or with speed and the line gives them very little holes to run through. The receivers are still missing routes and rarely come back to the QB when he is in trouble.

The option, which is something apparently the coach has used at other schools does not set up well with this team and is executed poorly so far.

 

Unless guys start clicking and doing the work....this is going to be another very dismal season for the Cougars. They do not appear to be be able to play agressive enthusiastic football with all 11 players at the same time, and that makes it difficult to dig yourselves out of a hole and build on the season.

 

In my opinion the school has been in a downward spiral for about 3 years. There are many reasons other than athletes or the lack of. Conner is a big school population wise, but it is over crowded and under managed, some groups do decent jobs but there is not a "togetherness" between all of them.

 

That being said......Schools that are not 'powerhouses" and are run poorly have bigger lows in their "peeks and valleys" and take the biggest hits when there are down. This is definately a down trend for Conner and only time will tell if they can utilize the young talent to get them out of it.

 

 

I don't see things changing in a week so my prediction:

 

Campbell Co. 28 Conner 7

Well I guess the coach always takes the hit in a situation like this but Rome was not built in a day. I have never played for their coach but he does not strike me to be the type of coach that is being discribed. I see him as someone who would do what ever it took to produce a winning program. I also no that his heart is in the right place because of where he came from. You got to have some motivation skills to coach where he came from. It is sad that someone would have that opion after only 3 games.

What's the initial take on Conner's new coach by the folks in Hebron?

 

I hear that Trosper is not very much of a motivator especially considering how young the team is. Sometimes you have to build them up. I hear that's not happening.

Well I guess the coach always takes the hit in a situation like this but Rome was not built in a day. I have never played for their coach but he does not strike me to be the type of coach that is being discribed. I see him as someone who would do what ever it took to produce a winning program. I also know that his heart is in the right place because of where he came from. You got to have some motivation skills to coach where he came from. It is sad that someone would have that opion after only 3 games.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.