Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry/Shelby Valley Game postponed

Featured Replies

The Belfry/ Shelby Valley Game has been postponed tentatively until Saturday at 7:30pm.

The Belfry/ Shelby Valley Game has been postponed tentatively until Saturday at 7:30pm.
Why?

Two Shelby Valley players were injured in a car accident this afternoon. One of them was flown out to Lexington and is in critical condition from the report I heard.

 

Please keep these two kids in your prayers.

 

Football takes a back seat tonight.

Two Shelby Valley players were injured in a car accident this afternoon. One of them was flown out to Lexington and is in critical condition from the report I heard.

 

Please keep these two kids in your prayers.

 

Football takes a back seat tonight.

 

 

 

:thumb: :thumb: I will be praying for these two young men, and their families and friends.

Hope everyone recovers and no problems.

Trying to get game moved to 1p due to the Ky/Lville game. Attendance will be effected by this. The SV players are in my prayers.

I thought 7:30 was a bad time, afternoon would be much better for attendance.

 

If anyone has an update on the players, please post them.

 

The players, parents, and the whole Valley family are in our prayers.

Prayers going to the SV players... I found out at the Stadium and it deeply saddened me

I was on my way to the game when I found out, when we heard it was cancelled we went to the hospital to see a family friend. We saw several Shelby Valley people and decided to go ask about the boys. We talked with one of the guys brothers and another lady. Everyone seemed really devastated. When we first walked up to the people they seemed shocked that we cared enough to take the time to ask about the boys and offer our sympathy. They hugged all of us and we deeply touched that we cared enough to go a little out of our way to give them some comfort. Please keep these boys and their families in your prayers.

From what I am hearing, Belfry coaches stopped by the ER to check on the boys conditions. If any of the BHS coaches read this, I just wanna say that the Belfry community is very fortunate to have such upstanding people as yourselves!

Hope the news is good for these young men.

The Shelby Valley players and families are in my prayers. This just totally shocked me, both as a mother and an avid sport fan. I feel the whole Shelby Valley community needs to be remembered also, because if they are like Belfry people and I know they are, the majority of the community is affected.

From what I am hearing, Belfry coaches stopped by the ER to check on the boys conditions. If any of the BHS coaches read this, I just wanna say that the Belfry community is very fortunate to have such upstanding people as yourselves!

 

I am not surprised by this in the least.

 

This is something that sometimes gets left off the list when you talk about Belfry's coaching staff. Yes they obviously can coach football and they prepare your son for Friday night battle. But much more importantly, they are good men, good role models and good mentors. They teach responsibility, discipline and morals along with blocking and tackling.

 

I would be proud, and any parent should be thankful, to have their son or daughter associated with the Belfry football team and this coaching staff. Thanks guys for a job well done.

 

I'm sure this is true if many coaching staffs throughout this state.

Are there any new information on the boys' condition this morning?

 

 

What about the game time, is it still set for 7:30?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.