Who should be the 5 OFers on the Reds opening day roster?

Pick your 5 for Opening Day  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your 5 for Opening Day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt that will happen, but IMO I'd give Bruce a shot in the show if he has a good spring training. Simply from an economic point of view, are we gonna get a solid veteran that will be cost efficient, assuming you don't save any salary with the subtraction of Dunn or Jr.? I say spend any marginal $ on bully help, take your chances w/Bruce as the 5th OF.

Junior, Dunn, Hobbs, Chuck and a free agent 5th OF. Votto will platoon with Cantu at 1B and Bruce will stay in AAA...

By keeping all of the salary, how do the Reds aquire the pitching they need to get over the hump? And I can't stand having 3 left handed OFs with no speed. Hamilton's speed is avg for a CFer. And considering Hamiltons issues of staying on the field and Jr always a mistep away from injury is this the OF that can carry the Reds to a playoff??

By keeping all of the salary, how do the Reds aquire the pitching they need to get over the hump? And I can't stand having 3 left handed OFs with no speed. Hamilton's speed is avg for a CFer. And considering Hamiltons issues of staying on the field and Jr always a mistep away from injury is this the OF that can carry the Reds to a playoff??

There isn't going to be any pitching on the market to get...

All very good points!

There isn't going to be any pitching on the market to get...

There may be no starting pitching to get...but perhaps some bullpen help can be had without loosing the purse strings too far. I don't think offering up a couple of $mil to another OF is the route I'd go, heck we have that in Freel.