Russell/Ashland predictions

FBALL

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

The rival factor does cloud this one for me. The easy answer is that Russell pounds Ashland, but I remember how much emotion the Ashland team played us with last year. Not to mention the frenzy of the student fans. There will probably be more to this game than just a cut and dry trip to the proverbial woodshed.

You mean the team that graduated last year? I'm guessing it's Russell in a large way.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe this game has generated so little discussion. Even if one team is struggling.

As aan Ashland fan myself I think that Ashland fans are scared to post anything. Well there has been nothing new to discuss from Ashland and dare anyone to talk about the coach because fans feel he is so great and its not his fault for anything except for me. I know that the Ashland players have talent and know that they can suceed but its a matter of using the talent they have. Good luck Tomcats .....:ylsuper:

As aan Ashland fan myself I think that Ashland fans are scared to post anything. Well there has been nothing new to discuss from Ashland and dare anyone to talk about the coach because fans feel he is so great and its not his fault for anything except for me. I know that the Ashland players have talent and know that they can suceed but its a matter of using the talent they have. Good luck Tomcats .....:ylsuper:

Now, wait a minute, happy ol' dad, you are not the "lone ranger" in regard to those who are not overly impressed by Hart. There are others who agree with you.

I would be shocked if this one is a blowout. The intensity of the rivalry throws records and talent out the window. Ashland has some GREAT skill players who can beat you every play. The past three games they really haven't looked like they knew what to do on every play. If this happens to be the week they figure it out, anything can happen.

I would like to see the district foes pull out the W in this one, but with it at Russell and the way things seem to be going for Ashland, I think its just to much of a hurdle. Ashland always play this game hard so I think they can stay close, but I just dont see them edging this one out. My prediction:

Russell: 35

Ashland: 27

Talent: definite advantage to Russell

Coaching: definite advantage to Russell

Homefield: advantage to Russell

Tradition in the last quarter of a century: definite advantage to Russell

Ashland cannot beat Russell. Russell can only beat themselves.

Common now. Give Ashland some advantage. Speed in the backfield is probably advantage Ashland.

This is still a rivalry game and I would hate to see one team come out overconfident.

Play hard from the start and take care of business.