Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is Ashland going to do???? part 2

Featured Replies

I stared the first thread last week and got alot of responses. I would like to know what everyones opinion is after the Ironton game?????

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing they can do. Go back and watch the films, practice and try to get better.

Russell could be just what this team needs. I don't think they can roll into the "Hank" without getting the adrenaline flowing. Sometimes a good rivalry game can flip the switch. I can't wait to get it underway. :fire:

Ashland is just not very good this year. Russell will roll through this team with reckless abandon.

 

 

Russell could be just what this team needs. I don't think they can roll into the "Hank" without getting the adrenaline flowing. Sometimes a good rivalry game can flip the switch. I can't wait to get it underway. :fire:

 

 

 

Make up your mind. :lol:

I hate to see this happen to such a fine program. I guess its just the Tomcats turn for a bad season. I would think they will have the same result next week.

Make up your mind. :lol:

Well, Coach Hart said so. He's hoping they can get fired up for another local rival. Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't.

I didn't think this would be the outcome for Ashland after 3 games but for the Ashland faithful, Coach Biggs won't be too awfully upset if his basketball players get there for the start of practice this season!

I thought Ironton's home was called the "Tank"?? Am I wrong??

 

Just curious!!

I thought Ironton's home was called the "Tank"?? Am I wrong??

 

Just curious!!

 

 

Yes it is, but he was talking about Ashland going into Russell next weekend. That is actually named Henry R. Evans Stadium, but it's sometimes called The Hank.

Ok.. Thanx LRCW.. I was reading wrong I guess... LOL

Would it be out of line to suggest that Ashland doesn't appear to have very many skilled athletes running around its halls? Saying that they are not playing well sends the message that they can play better. Maybe this is just a weak group that can't do much better. Ashland is certainly not immune to that.

 

While some of our better schools (X, T, Highlands, LexCath, Bowling Green, etc.) do seem to merely "reload", an honest analysis indicates that Ashland is not remotely at that level in football (or basketball for that matter). Down years, even way down years, will surface and should be expected. The times, indeed, have changed and the fans need to be aware of it because their rivals are well aware of it.

Would it be out of line to suggest that Ashland doesn't appear to have very many skilled athletes running around its halls?

 

 

I haven't seen Ashland play this year, and you may have a valid point. I do know that they have at least 3 skilled athletes in Thomas, Carter and McDavid. After those three I really don't know what they do, or don't have. I'm sure having a very inexperienced offensive line has a lot to do with it also.

I haven't seen Ashland play this year, and you may have a valid point. I do know that they have at least 3 skilled athletes in Thomas, Carter and McDavid. After those three I really don't know what they do, or don't have. I'm sure having a very inexperience offensive line has a lot to do with it also.

 

Very true. I am suggesting that observers expect too much of Ashland. While their history is impressive, it should be remembered that many of the other state schools, including some local ones, have significantly closed the gap. Statewide, many have created a gap in the other direction.

 

Ashland is no longer a program in the elite class with X, T, Highlands, Bowling Green, LexCath, and several others. It is unfair of their fans to expect the success of the past because that level of talent isn't there and, from all indications, won't be there in the foreseeable future.

 

While I would think the jury is still out in regard to the other two you mention, I would wholeheartedly agree that Thomas is a quality athlete. He has a proven record. He has earned the spotlight. While I am no Ashland partisan, I do hate to see Thomas in a situation where his skills cannot be completely utilized and appreciated.

It would be hard to know if there are other talented players because there are several walking the sideline who are not given an opportunity. Some of these are kids who had really good freshman and sophomore years but who haven't seen time this year. With the difficult season Ashland is having thus far, I would think the coaches might try different looks rather than sticking with a line up that obviously is not working. Yep folks, you heard it here, politics and the name you carry are alive and well in the Ashland football program! I'll bet there are some that wish they hadn't been so quick to get rid of Mahan too!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.