Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimble vs Henry Co. Predictions

Who will win? 44 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I expect a huge game out of Bird, but I see Henry winning this by a 3 point margin or less. I dont know what kind of score to predict, but I will say somewhere around 28-31 HC. Bird will score, but I believe Henry will too and there defense is always pretty good.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes longer than a week to get someone in shape. I still think that Henry's strong D will be able to take Bird off of his game a little bit.

It takes longer than a week to get someone in shape. I still think that Henry's strong D will be able to take Bird off of his game a little bit.

 

Let me say it again. Bird plays on both offense and defense...and had 305 yds on 36 carries Saturday night. Whoever said that he was not in shape doesn't have a clue.

Those are Mr. Football numbers. No way putting these numbers up will Trimble lose.

 

I am starting today the "Bird for Mr. Football" campaign!

:thumb:

The best way for Mr. Bird to help his Mr. Football candidacy is...well.... not to lose to teams like Ludlow.

The best way for Mr. Bird to help his Mr. Football candidacy is...well.... not to lose to teams like Ludlow.

 

Especially in football, wins and losses are team efforts, not the results of one individual. Bird's 305 yards were in large part due to the offensive line.

 

No one in TC is looking through rose-colored glasses and imagining that Bird would be voted Mr. Football. We all know that, no matter how good he is, a kid from Trimble Co would never be voted in.

Bird will not win the game by himself. Henry's defense is just to tough. Trimble will have to have other players involved if they hope to pull it off. But they won't take the ball out of Bird's hands. Should be a great game for the fans to watch.

Bird will not win the game by himself. Henry's defense is just to tough. Trimble will have to have other players involved if they hope to pull it off. But they won't take the ball out of Bird's hands. Should be a great game for the fans to watch.

I definately agree with what you say they depend on Bird way too much and Trimble will not try something different with their offensive schemes. Henry's Rahm, Parrish, Miracle, Dunaway, and McClanahan also play both sides of the ball and special teams, so Birds not the only one.

I definately agree with what you say they depend on Bird way too much and Trimble will not try something different with their offensive schemes. Henry's Rahm, Parrish, Miracle, Dunaway, and McClanahan also play both sides of the ball and special teams, so Birds not the only one.

 

No one said that he was the only one. Trimble's Bray, Peters, Maldonado, Hawkes, etc., play both ways also. The comment was that someone said that he was not conditioned. I noted that he put up 305 yds and played both sides of the ball. I ask you (collectively, not just Joe Pa) - could you do that if you weren't well conditioned?

 

I'll be the first one to say (and I did on the Ludlow results thread) that Bird did not look 100% the other night. He has not yet found the rythym and intensity that he had last year.

It takes longer than a week to get someone in shape. I still think that Henry's strong D will be able to take Bird off of his game a little bit.
You must have been :sleep: at the game. Bird is by no way out of shape he played 115 plays. Trimble is in great shape Poynter has run them to death. You should know what you are saying before posting on here. :sssh:

How do you win the Ky. Derby. You ride your thoroughbred. Trimble looked strong Saturday. Big fullback got little tired. But when your that big you just have to get to the whole. I thought trimble would have run a few more sweeps, it looked to be open. Trimble lost that game because of turnover margin. I was rootin for the raiders on this one and will be this week. It is great to see the excitement that this team is bringing to bedford! BEST TO U THIS WEEK RAIDERS

How do you win the Ky. Derby. You ride your thoroughbred. Trimble looked strong Saturday. Big fullback got little tired. But when your that big you just have to get to the whole. I thought trimble would have run a few more sweeps, it looked to be open. Trimble lost that game because of turnover margin. I was rootin for the raiders on this one and will be this week. It is great to see the excitement that this team is bringing to bedford! BEST TO U THIS WEEK RAIDERS

 

Thanks, Coachwife, for the positive sentiment. On the bolded portion, you are exactly right...we lost because of turnovers and some unfortunate penalties...not because Bird carries the ball.

Thanks, Coachwife, for the positive sentiment. On the bolded portion, you are exactly right...we lost because of turnovers and some unfortunate penalties...not because Bird carries the ball.

Credit Ludlow's defense for forcing those fumbles. ;)

This is a tough one to call. Henry looks good and put up good numbers against Casey. Trimble faces coming off a tough loss to Ludlow, but these same kids came off a tough loss to Henry Co. to start last season and rebounded with an admirable season. Should be a good game and within a touchdown either way.

If I was coach Poynter I would run Bird until his legs fall off. You want the ball in your best players hands as much as possible.

 

I am actually mad because Bird didnt run it 50 times.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.