Gallatin County 27 Carroll County 26

nWo

Carroll led 13-0 at half. Gallatin's Jared Carlton returned the second half kickoff 85 yards for a TD and Wildcats proceeded to reel off 27 unanswered points.

Panthers scored with 4:09 left to make it 27-20, then scored with 1:03 left to pull within 27-26. However, Carroll went for 2 and Gallatin stopped them for the victory.

Have to plug some of my defensive boys. Couple of great blocks by Lusby,and LeGrande and Nunn. Henson had several outstanding sacks, blocks, and stops at the goal line when we needed it most.

Does anyone know if Carroll has been practicing in the heat? Looked like Carroll had alot more cramping and injuries than Gallatin.

Rose was back in the game in the second half, but sporadically. Carroll came into the game pumped, but when Welch and Rose went down, they deflated a bit.

Solid win for the Wildcats. Congrats to Coach Browning and the staff. Owen is next!!!

Coach Weedman will have Carroll ready for the Panther fight at Carroll against Ludlow this week. We had audio from both coaches on the show this week.

I knew we were in for a barn burner when CC first play from scrimmage was intercepted by GC. Then, on GC's first play (the very next play) they fumbled back to CC. However, after the first 5 minutes of play, both teams settled down and played some solid football.

Congrats to GC.:thumb:

SOunds like it was a great finish.

It was a great finish... CC scored twice with 6 minutes left to go, and had a chance to win. There were 3 conscutive timeouts called on that conversion play at the end as CC tried to find the right set to run from.

When GC's Henson came scraping down the line from the DE position to make the stop, the place errupted. I talked to him afterward about that play and he told me the back was pointing where he was going to go. Henson beat him there to save the game. Overall, a pretty exciting game to see.

That's what I love about Friday nights in the fall....

It was a great finish... CC scored twice with 6 minutes left to go, and had a chance to win. There were 3 conscutive timeouts called on that conversion play at the end as CC tried to find the right set to run from.

When GC's Henson came scraping down the line from the DE position to make the stop, the place errupted. I talked to him afterward about that play and he told me the back was pointing where he was going to go. Henson beat him there to save the game. Overall, a pretty exciting game to see.

That's what I love about Friday nights in the fall....

Hmmm...thats funny, from where I was sitting in the stands in the corner of the endzone, it seemed to me that Henson was not near the tackle. I believe it was Nunn who made the tackle because he was in the linebacker position, but thats just what I seen.

Hmmm...thats funny, from where I was sitting in the stands in the corner of the endzone, it seemed to me that Henson was not near the tackle. I believe it was Nunn who made the tackle because he was in the linebacker position, but thats just what I seen.

Ky Post has it as Henson too.