Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Friday's high temps. affect the outcome...

Featured Replies

of your team's game this Friday? High 90's for Friday. I just watch ICN6 football preview for 6a. My Bird's are playing Ryle and after watching the preview, I noticed that the Raider's have some rather large players. Do any of these large players play both way's ? This game could come down to who's players are in better shape.

Obviously it is hard to prepare for these kind of temperatures. The better conditioned and hydrated teams will obviously reap some type of benefit.

of your team's game this Friday? High 90's for Friday. I just watch ICN6 football preview for 6a. My Bird's are playing Ryle and after watching the preview, I noticed that the Raider's have some rather large players. Do any of these large players play both way's ? This game could come down to who's players are in better shape.

 

If anyone is in better shape then Highlands I would be surprised.

Will games be moved back to Saturday do to high temps or will the games just be pushed back if the heat index is above 104?

For sure I think they should be played later, at least 8pm or even 9 , I wouldn't want to see the young players get a heat stroke.

of your team's game this Friday? High 90's for Friday. ........ This game could come down to who's players are in better shape.

 

The players that are in better shape should reap some benefit. IMO it's the players who are hydrated throughout the day and during the game that will avoid cramping and general exhaustion. From what I've heard they should start drinking (water or sports drink) much earlier in the day than start of the game.:flame: Hot, Hot, Hot!

Will games be moved back to Saturday do to high temps or will the games just be pushed back if the heat index is above 104?

 

 

Actually, if the heat index would reach 100, the game should not continue. It is ok to be practicing due to being able to remove equip but impossible to do this for a game.

Actually, if the heat index would reach 100, the game should not continue. It is ok to be practicing due to being able to remove equip but impossible to do this for a game.

 

I agree with you. I just saw on the Cincinnati Enquirer website that the Roger Bacon-Loveland game in at Princeton HS started at 5 p.m. last night with a heat index on the turf of 122. That is absolutely insame to play in that kind of heat.

We need to be careful with the offensive and defensive lineman

Mayfield is playing the second game that won't likely start until about 9pm. It definitely will be to their advantage as they don't have the shear number of players larger teams have! I do look for the 6 pm game to be delayed for at least 30 minutes...

I agree with you. I just saw on the Cincinnati Enquirer website that the Roger Bacon-Loveland game in at Princeton HS started at 5 p.m. last night with a heat index on the turf of 122. That is absolutely insame to play in that kind of heat.

 

So does field turf get hotter than just regular bermuda?

So does field turf get hotter than just regular bermuda?

 

Absolutely...."Field turf" is essentially a type of synthetic plastic, with crushed rubber holding it in place. Those types of fields hold heat more than you can believe, and their surfaces can get VERY hot.

I agree with you. I just saw on the Cincinnati Enquirer website that the Roger Bacon-Loveland game in at Princeton HS started at 5 p.m. last night with a heat index on the turf of 122. That is absolutely insame to play in that kind of heat.

 

WOW.....:eek:

 

Kentucky regulations call for ALL outdoor activity to stop once the HI exceeds 104. Activities may proceed with a HI over 100 so long as no protective equipment (such as helmets/pads) is required for play or can be safely removed for practice. I am amazed this game was allowed to happen...

Absolutely...."Field turf" is essentially a type of synthetic plastic, with crushed rubber holding it in place. Those types of fields hold heat more than you can believe, and their surfaces can get VERY hot.
I'm hearing that some colleges are having problems with staph bacteria on thier sportsturf fields. Some are combating the problem by having thier fields sprayed twice during the football season with a anti-biotic solution.

 

As far as the heat, some teams on long road trips will have to adjust thier travel times, if not they will spend a couple hours on a hot school bus (unless they charter a coach), then get to thier game, only to have to sit around until the heat index goes down. I couldn't see any team "being ready to play" after that.

I'm hearing that some colleges are having problems with staph bacteria on thier sportsturf fields. Some are combating the problem by having thier fields sprayed twice during the football season with a anti-biotic solution.

 

Never thought of that being a problem, but I can see how it would be...Sounds like a good idea to use the solution to me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.