BluegrassPreps.com/Kentucky News Network Player of the week!

theguru

BluegrassPreps.com and the Kentucky News Network are once again working together to promote high school football in Kentucky.

We are currently taking nominations for the BGP/KNN player of the week! The player of the week can be from any team and is based on game performance from this weekend.

Please submit your nomination in this thread and provide as much background/stats/information as possible from their game this week.

The winner will be announced on "The Saturday Morning High School Scoreboard Show" Hosted by Al Mayo. The show can be heard on all of these great stations:

WLSI-Pikeville

WHOP-Hopkinsville

WAIN-Columbia

WRVK-Mt. Vernon/Renfro Valley

WAJV-Princeton

WTTL-Madisonville

WOKT-Ashland

WJRS-Jamestown/Russell Springs

WFKN-Franklin

WBRT-Bardstown

WIEL-Elizabethtown

WCND-Frankfort

WKYW-Frankfort

WKED-Frankfort

WFKY-Frankfort

WKXO-Berea

WMST-Mt. Sterling

WEKY-Richmond

WIRV-Irvington

WSFE-Somerset

WSFC-Somerset

WLOC-Horse Cave

WEKT-Elkton

WCBL-Benton

WCYN-Cynthiana

WRLV-Salyersville

WPRT-Prestonsburg

Also, from host Al Mayo:

Sorry I'm a bit tardy getting back to you guys but, I'm here now.

First of all, this award applies only to VARSITY players.

Whenever you place a name for nomination, I need the following to be listed.

Player name, position, class (Soph, jr, sr. etc).

Stats for the week's performance. Carries, yards gained pass att/comp...tackles etc.

Please do not estimate stats. Just telling me a player may have run for 150 yards, won't make the cut.

Ideally a listing would look like this---

"Bob Smith a 5'1" Tailback from Smithville High School gained 100 yards on 10 carries. He also caught 4 passes for 30 yards in a 14-0 win over Jones High School"

OR

Bob Smith, a 5'1" QB from Smithville High School completed 15 of 20 passes for 100 yards, and 1 TD as the Smiths beat Jonesville 14-0.

Otherwise, post as many players as you like if you think they merit a mention. ALL Players listed will be used on the show as nominees, so their stats and performace will be included. A Ploayer Of The Week will be chosen from the weekly nominees.

Thanks in advance for the help, and have a GREAT season!

biggrin.gif

Al Mayo

KNN High School Scoreboard Show

Are you allowed to nominate Freshman that only play freshman ?If that sounds right ???? Freshman games are mainly on Thursday .

My gut says no but I will let Al answer this question. Please hold that nomination until Al weighs in.

Austin Schlinke for Bowling Green High (DB). Rewrote the interceptions section of the Rafferty's Bowl record book with three int's, one for 79 yards and a score, and 94 yards returned on the interceptions.

Dontey Gay for Henry Clay (RB). He had 173 yards rushing on 22 attempts and two scores (35 and 21 yards).

Well, here's my 2 cents worth:

Clay County's junior QB Zach Lewis threw for over 400 yards in a win against Lynn Camp. On pace to break the all time passing yards in KY HS football.

If the Manual vs Central was the state's biggest game on opening night, then I believe senior Rhyven (sp) Smith rushing for all 3 of Manual's TDs in their win over highly touted Central deserves a look.

I would like to nominate Pulaski County's Quarterback Chris Muse for his outstanding performance against Somerset in the Ray Correll Bowl. Muse accounted for 340 total yards with 248 rushing and a 5 completions of 10 attempts for 92 yards with 1 TD. Muse also scored 6 TDs rushing with runs of 19,46,25,25, 71, and 29 for 6 more TDs. This talented sophomore let his Maroons into a contest that lots of predictors had losing by 3-4 TDs. This Kid should be recognized...:thumb:

Relisted in proper format:

Jacob Sparks, a 6'5" Senior from Raceland(1A), WR/K. 2 for 2 PAT, 3 for 3 Field Goals (20yds, 31 yrds, 38yds), Including the game winning FG, of 38yds to beat Ashland Blazer (5A), 2 for 5 Touchbacks. 6 of 7 Receiving for 86 yds. Jacob accounted for 11 points in Raceland's win over Ashalnd 23-20.