Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When Did Cartoons Die?

Featured Replies

I have finally found children's programming that is WORSE than the Doodlebops (which is not allowed in my household). Welcome, Yo Gabba Gabba

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggrOcBWqHiU

 

So when do you put the downfall of cartoon programming? I personally blame The Smurfs.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you just picking on the Smurfs because they are blue, that is discrimination, Smurfs are people to.......Wait a minute I'm not in the PR.

 

Personally, I like the older cartoons, and my children grew up with the same cartoons that I grew up with, and those cartoons are ageless. My children loved the Buggs Bunny/Elmer Fudd, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, and Fog Horn Leg Horn cartoons.

 

By the way I used to love the Smurfs.

 

I personally think that the beginning of the end was Rin and Stimpy. That was the first one that I remember that crossed the line. Then the Simpson's (an adult cartoon that many believed was a children's cartoon), then came Bevis and Butthead (which was wrong), and finally the granddaddy of all bad cartoons - South Park. These, I believe was the down fall of modern cartoons.

 

Many people think that if it's a cartoon, it is ok for kids. Now many of these cartoons are adult cartoons.

There are some messed up cartoons out there right now, and this one just looks ridiculous. They've been playing previews for the past month or so. Saturday morning cartoons used to be the best, but the shows they play in the morning now are horrible. There are only a few cartoons out there that I can really stand to sit and watch with my daughter.

Are you just picking on the Smurfs because they are blue, that is discrimination, Smurfs are people to.......Wait a minute I'm not in the PR.

 

Personally, I like the older cartoons, and my children grew up with the same cartoons that I grew up with, and those cartoons are ageless. My children loved the Buggs Bunny/Elmer Fudd, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, and Fog Horn Leg Horn cartoons.

 

By the way I used to love the Smurfs.

I personally think that the beginning of the end was Rin and Stimpy. That was the first one that I remember that crossed the line. Then the Simpson's (an adult cartoon that many believed was a children's cartoon), then came Bevis and Butthead (which was wrong), and finally the granddaddy of all bad cartoons - South Park. These, I believe was the down fall of modern cartoons.

 

Many people think that if it's a cartoon, it is ok for kids. Now many of these cartoons are adult cartoons.

 

I'm with you Ram! I loved getting up on Saturdays as a kid and watching Popeye, Bugs, Daffy and the gang. I don't know when cartoons started being just for adults but think that it's sad that kids now days miss out.

Crappy cartoons of all time

 

Scrappy Doo

Yu-Gi-Oh

Punky Brewster

Extreme Ghostbusters

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Crappy cartoons of all time

 

Scrappy Doo

Yu-Gi-Oh

Punky Brewster

Extreme Ghostbusters

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

 

Punky Brewster was a cartoon?

Punky Brewster was a cartoon?

 

For a short time, yes. We all know how bad the actual show sucked so you can imagine the cartoon.

Are you just picking on the Smurfs because they are blue, that is discrimination, Smurfs are people to.......Wait a minute I'm not in the PR.

 

Personally, I like the older cartoons, and my children grew up with the same cartoons that I grew up with, and those cartoons are ageless. My children loved the Buggs Bunny/Elmer Fudd, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, and Fog Horn Leg Horn cartoons.

 

By the way I used to love the Smurfs.

 

I personally think that the beginning of the end was Rin and Stimpy. That was the first one that I remember that crossed the line. Then the Simpson's (an adult cartoon that many believed was a children's cartoon), then came Bevis and Butthead (which was wrong), and finally the granddaddy of all bad cartoons - South Park. These, I believe was the down fall of modern cartoons.

 

Many people think that if it's a cartoon, it is ok for kids. Now many of these cartoons are adult cartoons.

 

Kids now days don't know what a real cartoon is do they?

I loved Courage the Cowardly Dog and they took it off a few years ago although reruns have been on recently. Most of the rest of them are so bad that my son and I watch the old ones.

Kids now days don't know what a real cartoon is do they?

 

My kids love the older cartoons, we quote cartoon lines back and forth, they are amased that I know the lines to the cartoons that they like to watch.

 

Our favorite set of lines to quote back and forth is: rabbit season, duck season, shoot him now shoot him now, no bullets left. That cartoon we can quote almost all the entire cartoon.

Are you just picking on the Smurfs because they are blue, that is discrimination, Smurfs are people to.......Wait a minute I'm not in the PR.

 

Personally, I like the older cartoons, and my children grew up with the same cartoons that I grew up with, and those cartoons are ageless. My children loved the Buggs Bunny/Elmer Fudd, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, and Fog Horn Leg Horn cartoons.

 

By the way I used to love the Smurfs.

 

I personally think that the beginning of the end was Rin and Stimpy. That was the first one that I remember that crossed the line. Then the Simpson's (an adult cartoon that many believed was a children's cartoon), then came Bevis and Butthead (which was wrong), and finally the granddaddy of all bad cartoons - South Park. These, I believe was the down fall of modern cartoons.

 

Many people think that if it's a cartoon, it is ok for kids. Now many of these cartoons are adult cartoons.

I completely agree with the bolded parts. There just aren't as many good cartoons out there these days. Hearsay, try Avatar: The Last Airbender....I personally haven't found it terrible, and the kids really like it. Of course, this is coming from a former Smurfs fan.......

And we wonder why kids are going out and shooting places up these days. It aint from playing Grand Theft Auto, it's from watching this crap. When I was younger I watched I Love Lucy, Happy Days, The Wonder Years and Westerns. Those shows don't even come on anymore I don't think.

Crappy cartoons of all time

 

Scrappy Doo

Yu-Gi-Oh

Punky Brewster

Extreme Ghostbusters

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

 

I would have to add to the list:

2 angry beavers

Cow and chicken

Bevis and Butthead

Are you just picking on the Smurfs because they are blue, that is discrimination, Smurfs are people to.......Wait a minute I'm not in the PR.

 

Personally, I like the older cartoons, and my children grew up with the same cartoons that I grew up with, and those cartoons are ageless. My children loved the Buggs Bunny/Elmer Fudd, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, and Fog Horn Leg Horn cartoons.

 

By the way I used to love the Smurfs.

 

I personally think that the beginning of the end was Rin and Stimpy. That was the first one that I remember that crossed the line. Then the Simpson's (an adult cartoon that many believed was a children's cartoon), then came Bevis and Butthead (which was wrong), and finally the granddaddy of all bad cartoons - South Park. These, I believe was the down fall of modern cartoons.

 

Many people think that if it's a cartoon, it is ok for kids. Now many of these cartoons are adult cartoons.

Agree with all of that, with the exception of the Smurf thing, I hated the Smurfs.

Cartoons died when all the Japanese garbage came about. Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.