• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick Agrees to Plead Guilty

By Mark Maske and Jerry Markon

Washington Post Staff Writers

Monday, August 20, 2007; 2:34 PM

Michael Vick has agreed to plead guilty to the federal dogfighting charges against him under a deal reached today between his attorneys and prosecutors, his lawyer said.

Vick's D.C.-based attorney, William R. (Billy) Martin, made the announcement in a written statement released by his office this afternoon. Martin said that Vick accepted full responsibility for his actions and decided over the weekend to accept the plea deal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/20/AR2007082000898.html?tid=informbox

The deal was for 18-36 months in prison.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Vick in the NFL for at least 3 years...his career could be over.
That's what I was thinking, although I could also see a suspension for this season and the next in case he gets released early. A Michael Vick who has turned over a new leaf could be good publicity for the NFl.

I believe the term is persona non grata...

Yea. He's sorry, says the statement. But, Vick has a few million reasons why to be sorry. Be interesting to see if the gambling charges are there or not. I haven't seen a list with gambling on it.

That's what I was thinking, although I could also see a suspension for this season and the next in case he gets released early. A Michael Vick who has turned over a new leaf could be good publicity for the NFl.

I doubt they will want to run his suspension concurrent with his jail time. They might suspend him for his time in prison, + one year after he gets out. Who knows though...at this point anything could happen.