Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Hazard

Featured Replies

Even without the kid in question Hazard will be a very strong contender for the region, soild at every postion.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from a reliable source, Warren has been living with the family for 3 or 4 years,And Coach Whitaker got guardanship of him before they even left Bell Co last year.

Officially Whitaker stepped down. I don't think he had a choice, but he was not fired. As for Warren, becoming his legal guardian had been in the works before he stepped down.

I think it would be a mistake to not let the boy play. He has done nothing wrong in any of this.

:thumb:

Just a reminder this thread is on Hazard, not the eligibility of a student-athlete.

Does the kid not have anything to do with Hazard?

Here is the thing. I know all about this situation and do not want to get to personal with it. But Coach Whitaker is his legal guardian. He moved to Hazard with Coach Whitaker. For the kid's sake he should be able to participate in basketball this school year.

 

 

I can tell you this Doug Noble has his boy Nick going to Owsley County to run the point. Owsley will be the team to beat in the 14th this year. Just look at Nobles' record, it speaks for its self. There is no question that Doug Noble is the best coach in this region and he will prove it this year.:sleep:

Coming from a reliable source, Warren has been living with the family for 3 or 4 years,And Coach Whitaker got guardanship of him before they even left Bell Co last year.

 

I can tell you your info is wrong he did not start staying with for a few weeks and somewhere else a few weeks until the summer of last year!!!!!!

Does the kid not have anything to do with Hazard?
The topic is about Hazard and not the process, reason or if eligible of any student.

 

I believe a thread exists on that subject.

Coming from a reliable source, Warren has been living with the family for 3 or 4 years,And Coach Whitaker got guardanship of him before they even left Bell Co last year.

 

Yeah I will go ahead and shoot that 1 down. That is definitly not true.

The topic is about Hazard and not the process, reason or if eligible of any student.

 

I believe a thread exists on that subject.

 

 

There was a thread on that subject until someone locked it.

I think the kid should be eligible with the current situation he is in. Perhaps an appeal and the KHSAA finding out about his past and present situations would get the kid eligible. He could help Hazard this year, and it would do nobody any good or bad for the kid to get to play.

There was a thread on that subject until someone locked it.

:thumb:

I think the kid should be eligible with the current situation he is in. Perhaps an appeal and the KHSAA finding out about his past and present situations would get the kid eligible. He could help Hazard this year, and it would do nobody any good or bad for the kid to get to play.
Given the KHSAA's stance in recent years on transfers that don't follow the letter of the law, I'll be surprised.

 

Why should this kid be eligible?

Jones needs to get stronger and more assertive. He has nice reach and is smooth.Campbell needs to control his emotion and channel into his play. He is an outstanding rebounder and plays very hard. Lewis needs to improve overall floor game. Shoots ball well from the outside. Kidd may be odd man out with Whitaker coming in.

Hazard is the 2nd best team in the 14th behind JBS.

Hazard is the 2nd best team in the 14th behind JBS.

I would have to say you are problably right Bart. The best team doesn't always win the region though, I think the Dawgs will be right were they need to be come seasons end. Good luck to both!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.