Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida Gators release cupcake packed schedule..

Featured Replies

As UK fans are likely to ask when situations are reversed, why bring Louisville into a thread that has noting to do with them?

And you still will not let anything go and have the same agenda as always :rolleyes: .

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and it is still pretty funny. :D

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tennessee is really the only power I see out of the SEC.

 

Same here. :thumb:

I wonder if Vitale will jump on Donovan like he does Boheim every year about a patsy schedule. :confused: :lol:

The Gators leave the state only once before Jan. 8th.

 

http://www.gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=baskm

 

This is a very, very, very weak non-conference schedule.

 

Looks like a possible 14-0 when they play O$U. The Gators are young this season though, so they will probably get tripped up somewhere. I don't blame Billy D. for getting them some experience before they get thrown into the lion's den.

Looks like a possible 14-0 when they play O$U. The Gators are young this season though, so they will probably get tripped up somewhere. I don't blame Billy D. for getting them some experience before they get thrown into the lion's den.

I can also see why that he is doing it and agree.

Whatever happended to Florida coming to Richmond and playing EKU? I'm assuming that game went away when Ford went to UMASS and Florida "bought" the game out in the manner UK did this past summer. Never really heard just wondering!

 

I looked all over the net, including the Gainsville newspaper and the Florida basketball message boards and couldn't find anything on this. Considering Florida only scheduling opponents that barely qualify as "organized" basketball teams, I can see why they may have dropped EKU. :lol:

Yeah it was in the works a few years ago, I guess when Ford bolted Billy D didn't want the McBreyer experience like he thought he did.

They'll likely need that schedule this season.

The Gators leave the state only once before Jan. 8th.

 

http://www.gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=baskm

 

This is a very, very, very weak non-conference schedule.

 

Right up there with UK scheduling Texas Southern, SUNY-Stony Brook, Tennessee Tech, San Diego, Florida International and Houston.

 

They all set up easy non-conference schedules these days.

 

I assume the Flagler and Lynn are exhibition games?

 

Yes. Lynn University is NCAA-II and Flagler College is moving up to that level from NAIA Division II.

While not in the major "Big 6", San Diego and Houston are solid mid-major programs. To even try to compare them to some of the guys on Florida's schedule is crazy.

As UK fans are likely to ask when situations are reversed, why bring Louisville into a thread that has noting to do with them?

 

I think that was directed at Pitino, rather than U of L...and he had a pretty solid reputation for scheduling cupcakes when he was in Lexington...not much to get worked up about there...;)

As for the thread...smart move by Billy D, IMO...he's going to have a young and inexperienced team that will benefit more from an easier schedule as opposed to getting overwhelmed early on.

 

JMO

An easy schedule for a young team is smart, but it would make sense to put a little bit of serious competition in there. This is borderline ridiculous for a reigning National Champ. Makes them appear scared, IMO. Pitino did schedule some soft teams, but there were the Indianas, Louisvilles and North Carolinas on the schedule as well as stiff competition in the pre-season tourneys. There is not a solid program on their (Gators) schedule this season until SEC play. So much for the old Gator Chomp. Nobody on there to get worked up about beating. I guess a win is a win.

I understand the idea of getting a schedule that is not too difficult, but at the same time the team needs to be tested in some form or capacity before SEC play. Unless Florida St. has a good team the schedule looks pretty ridiculous.

I'm not sure but I think the guy that has coached his teams to a title or 2 knows how to schedule games & my guess would be is he knows what he's doing...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.