Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Abortion/Death Penalty Poll

Which category? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Which category?

    • Pro-Life (Anti Abortion) and Pro-Death Penalty
      37%
      24
    • Pro-Life and Anti-Death Penalty
      32%
      21
    • Pro-Choice and Pro-Death Penalty
      18%
      12
    • Pro Choice and Anti-Death Penalty
      10%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Lots of discussion in this forum on the above topics. I would enjoy seeing discussion on how these two issues are intertwined. Seems like most folks here seem to be anti-abortion except in very extenuating circumstances and pro-death penalty; again in "justifiable circumstances". Just a guess.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am Pro-Life. I was formerly very Pro-Death Penalty, but I have read some things (including by George Will) and my age and life experience has perhaps brought me to a point where I am reconsidering my stance.

A more accurate term for me would be "pro INNOCENT life".

I am 100% against abortion unless the mother's life is in serious jeopardy if they give birth to the child. As far as the death penalty goes, if a person has so little respect for life that they feel compelled to commit a pre-meditated murder, I absolutely feel the death penalty is necessary if they are convicted in a court of law.

 

Those put on death row, IMO, have had the chance to be a positive, contributing member of society, the unborn children who are aborted have not been given that chance.

I am Pro-Life. I was formerly very Pro-Death Penalty, but I have read some things (including by George Will) and my age and life experience has perhaps brought me to a point where I am reconsidering my stance.

 

I right with you. I was, and still am Pro-Life. I was for the death penalty, but as I have gotten older and more experienced, I have changed by stance and have been against the death penalty. I think, in many situations, there is just to much room for human error, as been proven with DNA appeals.

I am Pro-Life. I was formerly very Pro-Death Penalty, but I have read some things (including by George Will) and my age and life experience has perhaps brought me to a point where I am reconsidering my stance.

I did click on the first option but you have summed up where I am on this issue rather nicely.

Nowhere in the bible do you find justification for abortion. The two are nowhere near the same.

I'm just curious how anyone can be pro-abortion and against the death penalty...:confused: :confused:

I am Pro-Life. I was formerly very Pro-Death Penalty, but I have read some things (including by George Will) and my age and life experience has perhaps brought me to a point where I am reconsidering my stance.

 

Make that two of us. I'm in exactly the same place.

I am Pro-Life. I was formerly very Pro-Death Penalty, but I have read some things (including by George Will) and my age and life experience has perhaps brought me to a point where I am reconsidering my stance.

I firmly believe in Life,Liberty and the pursuit of happiness as the three basic human rights. I am,and always will be,pro-life and have been pro death penalty most of my life. But,like a lot of you I have had to rethink the death penalty as I have gotten older. It is a moral quandry that each of us must decide on our own.

I am 100% against abortion unless the mother's life is in serious jeopardy if they give birth to the child. As far as the death penalty goes, if a person has so little respect for life that they feel compelled to commit a pre-meditated murder, I absolutely feel the death penalty is necessary if they are convicted in a court of law.

 

Those put on death row, IMO, have had the chance to be a positive, contributing member of society, the unborn children who are aborted have not been given that chance.

 

Remember, there are many on death row that are innocent. Every year new evidence proves death row inmates to be innocent of crimes they have been found guilty-of through human error. i know there is many on death row for horrific crimes but it is better to let all live than to put one innocent person to death. How would you feel on the day of your execution if you were being put to death for a crime you didn't commit? I can't even imagine what that would be like!

I'm just curious how anyone can be pro-abortion and against the death penalty...:confused: :confused:

 

Or the other way around. Killing is killing either you are for it or you are against it.

Remember, there are many on death row that are innocent. Every year new evidence proves death row inmates to be innocent of crimes they have been found guilty-of through human error. i know there is many on death row for horrific crimes but it is better to let all live than to put one innocent person to death. How would you feel on the day of your execution if you were being put to death for a crime you didn't commit? I can't even imagine what that would be like!

 

Change "many on death row" to "some on death row" and I'm with you. That by itself is my #1 issue with the DP.

Two guys were just awarded millions for being framed by the FBI. Two others who were framed with them died in prison before being released.

 

IMO, while in no way the majority of the prisoners on death row, there are enough who have been revealed to be innocent to make me an anti-death penalty person.

Pro-life, Anti Death Penalty

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.