Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A 2007 Playoff Scenario

Featured Replies

Remember folks, these threads are just for fun for us to compare what would happen this year if every team had everyone back in the current playoff format.

 

I will have to give jimmyref the credit for the idea to do this...I'm actually doing these while I'm working the University Suites Desk while the NKU Orientation kids are away from the building. I did however do mine just a tad different....I'm using a winning percentage to determine the seeding and playoff results.

 

So here is what Class 5A would end up looking like:

 

(Teams in italics will, of course, not be included in the playoff scenario but I'm including them for records purposes. ALSO, for in an instance a tie occurs, I went to see if those teams played each other and broke it that way OR if they didn't play each other, I used a points scored/points allowed ratio to break the tie.)

 

District 1

1. Owensboro 9-2

2. Christian County 7-4

3. Hopkinsville 7-6

4. Ohio County 2-8

 

District 2

1. Bowling Green 13-2

2. Warren Central 10-3

3. Grayson County 3-8

4. Barren County 2-8

 

District 3

1. John Hardin 7-4

2. Doss 6-5

3. Waggener 4-6

4. Iroquois 1-9

 

District 4

1. Anderson County 6-4

2. South Oldham 6-4

3. Jeffersontown 3-7

4. Grant County 3-8

5. Oldham County 2-8

 

District 5

1. Covington Catholic 12-3

2. Highlands 7-5

3. Dixie Heights 5-6

4. Holmes 4-6

5. Scott High 1-9

 

District 6

1. Johnson Central 13-1

2. Ashland Blazer 9-3

3. Woodford County 8-4

4. Montgomery County 5-6

5. Bryan Station 2-8

 

District 7

1. Mercer County 15-0

2. Lincoln County 10-2

3. Southwestern 9-4

4. South Laurel 3-7

5. Pulaski County 2-9

 

District 8

1. Clay County 7-4

2. Letcher County Central 5-5

3. North Laurel 3-7

4. Whitley County 2-8

5. Perry County Central 1-9

 

 

First & Seconds Rounds

 

District 1

Ohio County @ Owensboro - Owensboro wins

Hopkinsville @ Christian County - Christian County wins

District Finals: Christian County @ Owensboro - Owensboro wins

 

District 2

Barren County @ Bowling Green - Bowling Green wins

Grayson County @ Warren Central - Warren Central wins

District Finals: Warren Central @ Bowling Green - Bowling Green wins

 

District 3

Iroquois @ John Hardin - John Hardin wins

Waggener @ Doss - Doss wins

District Finals: Doss @ John Hardin - John Hardin wins

 

District 4

Grant County @ Anderson County - Anderson County wins

Jeffersontown @ South Oldham - South Oldham wins

District Finals: South Oldham @ Anderson County - Anderson County wins

 

District 5

Holmes @ Covington Catholic - Covington Catholic wins

Dixie Heights @ Highlands - Highlands wins

District Finals: Highlands @ Covington Catholic - Covington Catholic wins

 

District 6

Montgomery County @ Johnson Central - Johnson Central wins

Woodford County @ Ashland Blazer - Ashland Blazer wins

District Finals: Ashland Blazer @ Johnson Central wins

 

District 7

South Laurel @ Mercer County - Mercer County wins

Southwestern @ Lincln County - Lincoln County wins

District Finals: Lincoln County @ Mercer County - Mercer County wins

 

District 8

Whitley County @ Clay County - Clay County wins

North Laurel @ Letcher County Central - Letcher County Central wins

District Finals: Letcher County Central @ Clay County - Clay County wins

 

 

Regional Finals

 

Region 1 (D4 @ D1)

Anderson County @ Owensboro - Owensboro wins

 

Region 2 (D3 @ D2)

John Hardin @ Bowling Green - Bowling Green wins

 

Region 3 (D8 @ D5)

Clay County @ Covington Catholic - Covington Catholic wins

 

Region 4 (D7 @ D6)

Mercer County @ Johnson Central - Mercer County wins

 

 

STATE SEMI-FINALS

Bowling Green @ Owensboro - Bowling Green wins

Mercer County @ Covington Catholic - Mercer County wins

 

 

KHSAA 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Mercer County defeats Bowling Green

  • Replies 109
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I will post the other classes (4A, 3A, 2A & 1A) a little later on tonight....my shift here at the Suites Desk is almost up.

 

Remember folks, this is for fun so please don't feel like we're knocking your team by having them lose in a round that you think they could have won.

 

Please keeps your comments to the "results" that I've posted.

 

THANKS!!!!

That was a lot of work.

 

The only change I would make is that I believe we will see a rematch of last season's semi-final matchup between Cov Cath and Johnson Central.

Mercer and CovCath would have been a fun game to see last season.

 

:thumb:

  • Author

I have four more of those things to post so it will take me a little while tonight to get them posted....it took me almost an hour to get everything typed in...lol.

 

I will say that it's worth it cause it gets us all ready and thinking about the upcoming season.

It would be hard to argue the out comes. I think BG will win the State is the only change, great job.

First of all, great job for gathering all that info over an entire season and compiling it into a post. Good to see others anxiously awaiting to 2007 football season kickoff.:thumb: The only change that I would make to that is that JC would defeat Mercer Co. in the Regional finals and I would replace Cov Cath with Highland. Like I said great job on gathering that info.

Nice job of compiling the information. Great fun - Thanks! :thumb:

 

 

But, I think you gave Mercer way too much credit. They barely beat Russell in the 2A championship last year. Johnson Central would have beat Mercer – IMO (based on watching Ashland beat Russell and lose to JC last year).

 

My 2-cents worth. :D

  • Author

I can understand ones feelings....but do remember that since jimmyref used records ONLY for his 6A scenario, then I used those same guidelines for the 5A and even 4A....I'll be getting the 3A, 2A & 1A posted later this evening.

You guys answered my question whether or not Highlands will play at home throughout the playoffs. Looks like i will be visiting the gunpowder shop alot this year:D Thanks alot!!!!!:thumb:

Christian County over Hoptown don't see it this year or next.

Christian County over Hoptown don't see it this year or next.

 

 

They weren't actual predictions. Winners/losers were determined by winning %. CovCath was penalized for losing to 3 Ohio teams, thus giving Mercer a better winning % and the win in their hypothetical matchup. I'm fairly confident Mercer wouldn't have beaten Elder, Cincy X, or Bishop Watterson last year.

Although having a worse record, Whitley defeated North Laurel last year and should have been the three seed instead of the 4. Probably does not change the outcome just a observation.

  • Author
Although having a worse record, Whitley defeated North Laurel last year and should have been the three seed instead of the 4. Probably does not change the outcome just a observation.

 

I was just going on total win percentage for the figures. I know that in some, if not all 6 classes, there will be teams win these games that we all know they wouldn't on the field.

 

This is just a numerical analysis of last season's teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.