Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LexCath's Winston Guy

Featured Replies

Any LCHS people out there have any information on Guy's recruiting process? I know Arkansas and UK are two of his pursuers along with Minnesota and MTSU. Anyone have any insight on who he's liking so far or anything?

 

Rivals referred to him as a "sleeper" coming out of the West Lafayette camp. Seems to have extremely quick feet.

He has it all for a defensive back at the college level. Good speed, quick feet, good strength, and a good attitude.

 

I shake my head that Kentucky is not even recruiting him until he goes to the NIKE camp at West Lafayette and is voted the defensive back MVP. Arkansas offers immediately along with Minnesota. Kentucky then comes piling on.

 

Kentucky needs to start paying attention to their backyard. There is actually some pretty green grass in it!

  • Author
He has it all for a defensive back at the college level. Good speed, quick feet, good strength, and a good attitude.

 

I shake my head that Kentucky is not even recruiting him until he goes to the NIKE camp at West Lafayette and is voted the defensive back MVP. Arkansas offers immediately along with Minnesota. Kentucky then comes piling on.

 

Kentucky needs to start paying attention to their backyard. There is actually some pretty green grass in it!

 

Yea, I was surprised to see that Arkansas offered before UK did. I don't know how close you are to the situation but is there a legit shot of UK scoring Guy?

Yes, there is. In fact, I would guess UK would secretly be #1 on his list although he is saying it is Arkansas since they were the first to make him an offer. I am sure the kid is miffed at why Kentucky was not even talking to him until Arkansas offers.

Happens all the time........! UK following someone else on instate kids. I know that Coach Chuck Smith is trying to change that. Got to recurit kids in state and I know Kentucky high school coaches know talent and let them know. No reason for this to happen.

UK has done an awful job in Lexington! Burke has a legit shot to start at NC State this year as a redshirt freshman. Once Woodson is gone UK is in serous trouble at the QB spot!

Minifield to Virginia this year etc. It happens every year and I just don't get it!

Some kids dont want to stay at home, even if it is a big state University. UK football was bad when these kids were growing up, and maybe never got attached to the program. I know when I was getting out of high school, the last thing I wanted to do was stay at home. Could be part of the case here.

Some kids dont want to stay at home, even if it is a big state University. UK football was bad when these kids were growing up, and maybe never got attached to the program. I know when I was getting out of high school, the last thing I wanted to do was stay at home. Could be part of the case here.

 

Wow! Completely not true. The truth is UK thinks that the out-of-state athlete is better because of the reputation of other states being so-called football states. Also, Kentucky athletes are looked down at by other states. Every athlete from within these borders should play with a chip on their shoulders because of this.

Both are studs but some of the scouts thought Revere might have been the fastest player in the whole major league draft. That is amazing! Guy has better size but Revere is as good as I've seen at DB.

Both are studs but some of the scouts thought Revere might have been the fastest player in the whole major league draft. That is amazing! Guy has better size but Revere is as good as I've seen at DB.

 

I saw him play as a JR and thought he was good, but not better than Minnefield from Henry Clay. Not as fast either. The D coordinator makes him look awesome with all those blitz.

Revere, was and always will be better than Guy, I think guy was not a very coachable kid until the last year or two, making him what you would call a sleeper, he is very fast and a little taller than revere was I believe.

UK has done an awful job in Lexington! Burke has a legit shot to start at NC State this year as a redshirt freshman. Once Woodson is gone UK is in serous trouble at the QB spot!

Minifield to Virginia this year etc. It happens every year and I just don't get it!

 

I'll be curious to see what path Justin Burke chooses SHOULD he not get the starting job.

I'll be curious to see what path Justin Burke chooses SHOULD he not get the starting job.

If you know Justin at all it will be the high road. He's only a Frosh but I think he has the most upside there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.