July 4, 200719 yr So what was the real reason she left UK? http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/8312532.html
July 4, 200719 yr This is baffleing to me. I mean really. Who gets coach of the year and then steps away from a career only to take a lower position 4 months later??
July 4, 200719 yr This is baffleing to me. I mean really. Who gets coach of the year and then steps away from a career only to take a lower position 4 months later?? My guess, someone who was doing some shady things, and wanted to get out before they got caught....
July 4, 200719 yr I don't think it's surprising that she is back on the bench this year. To me, it's surprising that she is an assistant. I mean, when coaches say they need a break, they aren't out of the game for too awful long.
July 4, 200719 yr My guess, someone who was doing some shady things, and wanted to get out before they got caught....I don't know I never got the impression that was the case there. But that is just my impression I don't know.
July 4, 200719 yr I don't think it's surprising that she is back on the bench this year. To me, it's surprising that she is an assistant. I mean, when coaches say they need a break, they aren't out of the game for too awful long. Yeah I mean I kinda figured that Summit was planning on retiring some day and Demoss was just opening herself for that job.
July 4, 200719 yr This is baffleing to me. I mean really. Who gets coach of the year and then steps away from a career only to take a lower position 4 months later?? It might not be a lower position...
July 4, 200719 yr It might not be a lower position... I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that she was C.O.Y
July 4, 200719 yr Wow. Makes one wonder what was going on behind the scenes. Looks like she did not need too much time off.
July 4, 200719 yr I am not a bit suprised that she is back on the bench this season. I am a little suprised that it is as an assistant.
July 4, 200719 yr Something shady here. Doesn't she have to pay back a considerable amount of money to UK? Are contracts normally written like hers, first I've heard where you had to pay money back if you left. Why would you sign a contract like that in the first place?
July 4, 200719 yr My guess, someone who was doing some shady things, and wanted to get out before they got caught....I just have a hard time believing, DeMoss is that type of person, who lacks character. Besides, if she was doing something "shady", I can't see her getting such a high profile assistant position. My opinion and solely mine....Either a combination of lack of support, from the A.D. and his staff, she wanted additional increase in salary/contract and possible handling of the Tubby Smith situation, from within. She may have wanted to increase the budget, play in Rupp or increased salaries for her assistants....all just speculation. I'm going to give her the benefit of doubt, as to the reason.
July 4, 200719 yr I just have a hard time believing, DeMoss is that type of person, who lacks character. Besides, if she was doing something "shady", I can't see her getting such a high profile assistant position. My opinion and solely mine....Either a combination of lack of support, from the A.D. and his staff, she wanted additional increase in salary/contract and possible handling of the Tubby Smith situation, from within. She may have wanted to increase the budget, play in Rupp or increased salaries for her assistants....all just speculation. I'm going to give her the benefit of doubt, as to the reason. :thumb: All good points and a very legit statement as why she left. I'm sure there were many factors. She brought the UK program where it had never been and did many great things while she was there. I think we see her as a head coach again in the future.
July 4, 200719 yr I just have a hard time believing, DeMoss is that type of person, who lacks character. Besides, if she was doing something "shady", I can't see her getting such a high profile assistant position. My opinion and solely mine....Either a combination of lack of support, from the A.D. and his staff, she wanted additional increase in salary/contract and possible handling of the Tubby Smith situation, from within. She may have wanted to increase the budget, play in Rupp or increased salaries for her assistants....all just speculation. I'm going to give her the benefit of doubt, as to the reason. STRIKE I can agree with your opinion. I obviously do not know but having a problem with the AD at U.K. is not a stretch of the imagination by any means. I would not doubt that part or all of your speculation may just be true. JMO
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.