Bonds to Give Hall of Fame an Artifact

Bonds has been a great player. One of the greatest ever. Do I think he used roids? Yep. Do I think he would be the only 'jerk' in the hall of fame? Nope.

I think he should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Don't like him, but respect what he has done as a player.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they could get his helmet from his first homerun...and put it completely inside the helmet he hits the record breaker with...

:lol:

Or perhaps even scratch the helmet idea and go with donating an autographed syringe or BALCO hat.

The testimony that leaked where he said he took steroids isn't enough? How about the BALCO connection? How about Sheffield's take on the situation? Seriously he took steroids. He went from a 30 HR hitter to the most prolific HR hitter ever, in one year. That was the year he gained about 30 pounds.

If it was enough don't you think he would be banned? Look I can't stand Bonds as much as the other guys, but I really have more didain for Price Hill Pete. Rose has shed a cloud on our storied franchise that will remain for eons.

If it was enough don't you think he would be banned? Look I can't stand Bonds as much as the other guys, but I really have more didain for Price Hill Pete. Rose has shed a cloud on our storied franchise that will remain for eons.

There was no rule against steroids because baseball was in love with the HR. The Big Mac, Sosa race was the biggest thing in baseball in years, especially for the casual fan. Rose put a black cloud on the Reds, but Bonds is putting a black cloud on the entire league.

There was no rule against steroids because baseball was in love with the HR. The Big Mac, Sosa race was the biggest thing in baseball in years, especially for the casual fan. Rose put a black cloud on the Reds, but Bonds is putting a black cloud on the entire league.

I don't really think we're disagreeing. My point is the fact that Bonds is still able participate in MLB. Rose is not. Kind of like who would you rather be? The guy in jail or the guy that should be? Also Rose put a cloud on all of baseball and continues to do so.

Is guess all the pitchers that were juicing and pitching against Bonds don't matter.

Not as much as a hitter. Command and mechanics are more important than anything in pitching. As a hitter the swing is obviously the most important thing. However, steroids make your bat quicker and your swing has more power.

Not as much as a hitter. Command and mechanics are more important than anything in pitching. As a hitter the swing is obviously the most important thing. However, steroids make your bat quicker and your swing has more power.

As a pitcher when you arm is stronger you throw faster. The mechanics of a swing are important not just how fast you swing the bat.

Bonds and Rose should be Hall Of Famers. Rose never threw a game. He just didn't bet on the Reds if he wasn't sure. He never bet against them. Bonds did something in Cincinnati that I have never seen the Reds players do with the fans. He picked different kids each inning and tossed with them between innings. This was a few years ago and I was there. The interaction with the kids showed what a class act he is. He gets a bad rap because of the media. He may be the greatest baseball player of all time. Imagine how many HR's he would have if he hadn't walked 2500 times. Bonds deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and so does Pete.

As a pitcher when you arm is stronger you throw faster. The mechanics of a swing are important not just how fast you swing the bat.

Ok. So the homerun spike wasn't caused by steroids? Homer throws 97, but when he leaves it over the plate to Ryan Howard WHAM. I said the swing is so important which is why Bonds had HUGE success on the juice. However, homeruns were WAY WAY up through the late 90's and early 2000's and the cause was hitters using steroids.

Makes me laugh when people say that it is no big deal because there was no rules against using steriods for years. Just because baseball had no rule against them misses the point because it was still against the law to use them illegally. So, maybe no "rule" was broken but the law was broke for sure.

Ok. So the homerun spike wasn't caused by steroids? Homer throws 97, but when he leaves it over the plate to Ryan Howard WHAM. I said the swing is so important which is why Bonds had HUGE success on the juice. However, homeruns were WAY WAY up through the late 90's and early 2000's and the cause was hitters using steroids.

I never said it wasn't the reason. It just proves he isn't the only one and it seems everyone puts the whole steroid blame all on Barry's shoulders.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it only takes 2 words to prove that there was something going on in the late 90's and early 00's, and the words weren't necessarily Barry and Bonds (although the first word starts aith a "B" and ends with a "y").

Brady Anderson.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it only takes 2 words to prove that there was something going on in the late 90's and early 00's, and the words weren't necessarily Barry and Bonds (although the first word starts aith a "B" and ends with a "y").

Brady Anderson.

You think he juiced when he hit 50???????????

I agree.