Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 104 Kentucky 87

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Austin Hill - 19 points

Steffphon Pettigrew - 14

Matt Walls - 13

 

For Indiana it was Gordan with 20 points.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisville signee and former Clark County standout Preston Knowles, who missed last week's game dealing with family issues, scored seven of Kentucky's first nine points but only finished with 10 for the game.

 

link to article...http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/106169.html

Is there a link anywhere to see the team photos of both the Indiana and Kentucky girls and boys 2007 All-Stars? Can't find anything. Thanks.

It appears that South Laurel's Ty Proffitt did not play in this one. Anyone know why?

Fraliex opted out of the game to attend summer school at Murray. After last week, I can't blame him. It was good to see a better balance of minutes in the boxscore. I think Proffitt also began summer school.

I have heard that Frailex did not come back because he was upset over playing time and Proffit had already made plans to be going to summer class and wasn't going to play in the 2nd game from the start.

Fraliex opted out of the game to attend summer school at Murray. After last week, I can't blame him. It was good to see a better balance of minutes in the boxscore. I think Proffitt also began summer school.

 

Something is wrong here!!! If this statement is true then these 2 kids, their families,and the organizers who picked the team needs to make a big apology to those kids who did not make the team. If the kids & organizers knew they were attending summer school & would not play both games they should not have been on the team to begin with! If the organizers did not know but the kids & families knew but did not bother to tell anyone how terrible is that! Maybe I should not be replying like this to rumor but if this turns outs to be the facts then maybe some outrage will prevent this from happening in future years.

Something is wrong here!!! If this statement is true then these 2 kids, their families,and the organizers who picked the team needs to make a big apology to those kids who did not make the team. If the kids & organizers knew they were attending summer school & would not play both games they should not have been on the team to begin with! If the organizers did not know but the kids & families knew but did not bother to tell anyone how terrible is that! Maybe I should not be replying like this to rumor but if this turns outs to be the facts then maybe some outrage will prevent this from happening in future years.

 

I disagree. I think just because they have other obligations does not mean they should not get to play on the team at all if they are good enough to be there. Proffit deserved to be on the team, and also deserves to be able to start college early and get a good solid start. What they do need to have however, is a replacement in these situations.

Personally I think believe they should make a two game commitment from the get go. Why try out for a team knowing it's a two game series if you can only attend one?

I must agree with neerfan. It is one thing to miss a practice or two due to school or personal commitments. But to miss a game, to me, makes a player ineligible for the team. The games are scheduled well in advance to avoid a scheduling conflict.

Thats why you have 12 players, that still gives you 10 if 2 can't make it and I guarantee the other 10 kids weren't complaining about the extra playing time. Part of Kentucky's problem is there is a much bigger drop off in talent

on the bottom of their roster than there is at Indiana. Indiana went d-1 all the way down, Kentucky can't say that. I don't see any problem at all in playing the game with 10 players instead of 12. Makes for a much better rotation and more playing time for the remaining 10.

Is there a link anywhere to see the team photos of both the Indiana and Kentucky girls and boys 2007 All-Stars? Can't find anything. Thanks.

Are there any team photos online anywhere of both squads girls and boys teams and where each one is going to college? Thanks for any help.

How long has it been since we (Ky) were able to "compete" with Indiana? Its seems like they have swept us for the last several years and really beaten us badly doing so. Any one have breakdown of the last 25 years? I'm also curious to know when Indiana went away from one class in basketball. Perhaps there is no correlation, but I wonder if going to multiple classes in hoops has stimulated interest and competition in Indiana basketball. While I realize that all star game results can often be misleading, trends can be indicative of the quality of play.

I think it comes down to one thing, population.

How long has it been since we (Ky) were able to "compete" with Indiana? Its seems like they have swept us for the last several years and really beaten us badly doing so. Any one have breakdown of the last 25 years? I'm also curious to know when Indiana went away from one class in basketball. Perhaps there is no correlation, but I wonder if going to multiple classes in hoops has stimulated interest and competition in Indiana basketball. While I realize that all star game results can often be misleading, trends can be indicative of the quality of play.

 

 

Classification has not had any influence in Indiana winning on consistent basis. They were still beating Kentucky on a regular basis back when they had only one class. Unfortunately, they just simply have better talent than Kentucky.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.