Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby Took 2 NBA Jobs While At UK

Featured Replies

All the Tubby Supporters/Billy Basher staying silent on this one....

 

 

Saint Tubby isn't so saintly IMHO..........

 

 

From a Tubby backer to a Tubby basher, there is a HUGE key difference between the two, .... Tubby never signed his name on the dotted line then backed out.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just just adds to my theory - never, under any circumstances, can you lay trust in a college coach!

Billy Gillispie hasn't won one game yet. Yes he probably will win more than a few in his reign and I hope that he does, but as soon as he loses a few and has a bad stretch (and he will, any team does), the Tubby bashers will regroup and rename themselves Billy Bashers. You see, only the name changes and the bashing continues on and on and on and on............. (it is just like the energizer bunny only I call it te energizer bashers :lol:) .:sleep: .

Not sure this will be true.

Billy G has a work ethic than Tubby did not have.

I think fans got tired of poor recruiting and boring basketball more than the losses.

Fans loved the 14-14 team in Pitino's first year if you recall.

Plus Billy G keeps the fans informed with press conferences and will be more accessible to the fans than OTS.

From a Tubby backer to a Tubby basher, there is a HUGE key difference between the two, .... Tubby never signed his name on the dotted line then backed out.

:thumb: Well said.

All the Tubby Supporters/Billy Basher staying silent on this one....

 

 

Saint Tubby isn't so saintly IMHO..........

The Tubby supporters are still here, always have been and always will. We just understand why the thread was started. ;)

The Tubby supporters are still here, always have been and always will. We just understand why the thread was started. ;)

:thumb: :thumb:

All the Tubby Supporters/Billy Basher staying silent on this one....

 

 

Saint Tubby isn't so saintly IMHO..........

 

First of all why did you put Tubby Supporters/Billy Bashers, because I have not really seen ANY UK fans who were Tubby supporters or bashers that have bashed Billy. So I dont know what you are talking about there...

 

Also I think this just show more that the fans here at UK did play a big part of him leaving. I mean he said there was a few times he actually was planning on leaving, so you think that maybe since now we find out that he about left a couple different times for different jobs, that he probably knew that he would never really be accepted by everyone as the UK coach. Then finally all the people not wanting him around, finally got him to actually decide to accept another job instead of backing out like the other times...:sssh:

  • Author
The Tubby supporters are still here, always have been and always will. We just understand why the thread was started. ;)

So tell me, why did I start it???

First of all why did you put Tubby Supporters/Billy Bashers, because I have not really seen ANY UK fans who were Tubby supporters or bashers that have bashed Billy. So I dont know what you are talking about there...

 

Also I think this just show more that the fans here at UK did play a big part of him leaving. I mean he said there was a few times he actually was planning on leaving, so you think that maybe since now we find out that he about left a couple different times for different jobs, that he probably knew that he would never really be accepted by everyone as the UK coach. Then finally all the people not wanting him around, finally got him to actually decide to accept another job instead of backing out like the other times...:sssh:

:thumb: Great post!

Not sure this will be true.

Billy G has a work ethic than Tubby did not have.

I think fans got tired of poor recruiting and boring basketball more than the losses.

Fans loved the 14-14 team in Pitino's first year if you recall.

Plus Billy G keeps the fans informed with press conferences and will be more accessible to the fans than OTS.

1. Imo it will be true, the bashers are there no matter who is at the helm - even Pitino had some bashing him and besides, contrary to a lot of beliefs on this site, U.K. basketball was here and well before Pitino got here, he continued the tradition and did not invent it.

2. I got frustrated as well with the recruiting. As for the prefer losses with whatever style of play :eek: ,.......I would certainly hope that anyone that would ever have that line of thought would not be a coach or a player :rolleyes: . Then I could show you a loser :D .

3. I also loved "Pitino's Bombino's" , his 14-14 1st year team. No One expected that team to win more than 5-8 games.

4. I hope that Billy G. does keep the fans informed and will continue to do so. Imo when all the "under the microscope" critics start from every possible direction.............he may have change of heart on that. No matter what he does someone will critisize it, that goes along with coaching. Gillispie knows that but he also has coached teams in a state where football is king and the teams that he coached had little sucsess before he got there and had NO Tradition. I hope that he is ready and prepared for all of the things that he will experience now. :thumb:

 

1. Go Billy gillispie and the U.K. Wildcats and 2. Go Tubby Smith and the MNinnesota Golden Gophers.

So tell me, why did I start it???

Its good information thats why...

Also I think this just show more that the fans here at UK did play a big part of him leaving.

 

:confused: :confused:

 

Using your logic, Donovan is in the process of being driven off by the fans. If anything it shows the OPPOSITE.

 

Tubby gets the attention of NBA teams, works out what we can only assume is a higher paying contract, yet chooses to stay at UK. Doesn't sound like the fans were all that bad, huh?

First of all why did you put Tubby Supporters/Billy Bashers, because I have not really seen ANY UK fans who were Tubby supporters or bashers that have bashed Billy. So I dont know what you are talking about there...

 

Also I think this just show more that the fans here at UK did play a big part of him leaving. I mean he said there was a few times he actually was planning on leaving, so you think that maybe since now we find out that he about left a couple different times for different jobs, that he probably knew that he would never really be accepted by everyone as the UK coach. Then finally all the people not wanting him around, finally got him to actually decide to accept another job instead of backing out like the other times...:sssh:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner :dancingpa ...............Best post on this thread!!!

:confused: :confused:

Doesn't sound like the fans were all that bad, huh?

I am sure that he can answer for himself but I just wanted to commnet on this statemnt...................:confused: :confused: What ?? , Some of the bashing that Tubby endured NO One should have to endure, he did and did it with all class. Tubby had his family attacked verbally for years and all the never ending critisizm was really wearing on his wife. I could only imagine what all she has heard throughout the years :rolleyes: . Tubby took critisizm well but jmo when he saw it wearing on his family and his wife's health it was time to go.

So tell me, why did I start it???

Because of your love and passion for UK athletics.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.