June 16, 200719 yr Author Because of your love and passion for UK athletics. It was a UK related topic on a blog I check every day. Sorry, I won't post topics of interest to the members of this site any more...
June 16, 200719 yr :confused: :confused: Using your logic, Donovan is in the process of being driven off by the fans. If anything it shows the OPPOSITE. Tubby gets the attention of NBA teams, works out what we can only assume is a higher paying contract, yet chooses to stay at UK. Doesn't sound like the fans were all that bad, huh? Well lets see he was the highest paid college coach in America, at one of the top college programs in the Nation, and he even says he just sees himself as more of a college coach. So that is pretty good reasons for him to stay at UK even if there were fans not wanting him here. However the temptation of going to a place where he actually be wanted, did obviously as we just found him got him to think about leaving. But then just finally the amount of people that wanted him out the last few years, drove him to actually decide to sign on that dotted line and actually leave instead of coming back. (I know money would ONE reason why he would think about leaving, but you have to be kidding yourself if you actually really believe the fans had nothing to do with him leaving or ever thinking about leaving before.)
June 16, 200719 yr Ok well I really dont want to get into all of this Tubby stuff again, because its been nice not dealing with this anymore. However some of the Tubby Bashers still can't let it go, and had to make smart comments earlier in this thread, and so I felt I should respond to that. The Tbers got their wish and Tubby is gone, yet for some reason they keep bringing it back up with smart comments. However lets please not keeping going back and forth at this, because you know I will, but I rather not...
June 16, 200719 yr It was a UK related topic on a blog I check every day. Sorry, I won't post topics of interest to the members of this site any more... Someone had sour milk in their Wheaties this morning. No problem with what you post, you have a right just like everyone else. :thumb:
June 16, 200719 yr I know money would ONE reason why he would think about leaving, but you have to be kidding yourself if you actually really believe the fans had nothing to do with him leaving or ever thinking about leaving before. I'm not saying anything. YOU said that him turning down multiple NBA offers was a sign that he was being driving off by the fans. Maybe I'm slow, but I don't understand how a coach turning down lots of money to remain at a program means he's being run off from that program by the fans. You're response is going to be "he loved UK, but the fans were so bad that he seriously considered the NBA!" I will turn that into "Donovan loves Florida, but the fans are so bad they he seriously (even more seriously than Tubby!!) considered the NBA!" You argument is VERY VERY flawed. Yes, we understand that you still want Tubby around. You got your way for 10 years, now get over it.
June 16, 200719 yr From a Tubby backer to a Tubby basher, there is a HUGE key difference between the two, .... Tubby never signed his name on the dotted line then backed out. :thumb: That's the thing that makes the situations completely different IMO.
June 16, 200719 yr Ok well I really dont want to get into all of this Tubby stuff again, because its been nice not dealing with this anymore. However some of the Tubby Bashers still can't let it go, and had to make smart comments earlier in this thread, and so I felt I should respond to that. The Tbers got their wish and Tubby is gone, yet for some reason they keep bringing it back up with smart comments. However lets please not keeping going back and forth at this, because you know I will, but I rather not... :thumb: :thumb: :ylsuper: Ditto!
June 17, 200719 yr I'm not saying anything. YOU said that him turning down multiple NBA offers was a sign that he was being driving off by the fans. Maybe I'm slow, but I don't understand how a coach turning down lots of money to remain at a program means he's being run off from that program by the fans. You're response is going to be "he loved UK, but the fans were so bad that he seriously considered the NBA!" I will turn that into "Donovan loves Florida, but the fans are so bad they he seriously (even more seriously than Tubby!!) considered the NBA!" You argument is VERY VERY flawed. Yes, we understand that you still want Tubby around. You got your way for 10 years, now get over it. I will try this again! Its not that hard to understand, if you look at everything he has said! He says that he really only sees himself as a college coach, so that would be a good reason why he decided to stay at UK each time, because if he thinks he is a college coach and wouldn't do as well in the NBA, then that means he probably would stay at UK since its one of the best college jobs in America. However besides just money of coarse, you honestly dont think one of the reasons why he did consider leaving wasn't because of the fans not wanting him here even during the years when he was winning? I think you are blind and just being hard headed if you wont admit that...I think it is pretty clear because I mean him going to Minnesota from here instead of the NBA, pretty much shows that he does only consider himself as a college coach, and pretty much goes with what I just said. Because he wanted to stay in college and that is one of the reason why he stayed at UK those times instead of leaving, also it didn't hurt that he was getting paid more than any coach in America.. I know I really just love how you all dont want to admit that the fans were a HUGE part in Tubby leaving... Haha your last statment says it best. I mean you said I had MY WAY for 10 years, so I guess that means that you never wanted him here, and that just shows that no matter what he did there would be people not wanting him here. And well I love it when you say something that you really dont know, when you say that I still wanting Tubby around, because if you actually paid attention to what I post, you will see that I said before Tubby left and after Tubby left that it would probably be best for both parties involoved. I know I love having Billy G here and am VERY HAPPY having him as our coach now. So next time why dont you actually know what your talking about, and know what people have said before, before you call someone out like that, it would make it a little easier to respect what you say because its hard to when you dont know what your talking about in saying I still am wanting Tubby around...
June 17, 200719 yr I will try this again! Its not that hard to understand, if you look at everything he has said! He says that he really only sees himself as a college coach, so that would be a good reason why he decided to stay at UK each time, because if he thinks he is a college coach and wouldn't do as well in the NBA, then that means he probably would stay at UK since its one of the best college jobs in America. However besides just money of coarse, you honestly dont think one of the reasons why he did consider leaving wasn't because of the fans not wanting him here even during the years when he was winning? I think you are blind and just being hard headed if you wont admit that...I think it is pretty clear because I mean him going to Minnesota from here instead of the NBA, pretty much shows that he does only consider himself as a college coach, and pretty much goes with what I just said. Because he wanted to stay in college and that is one of the reason why he stayed at UK those times instead of leaving, also it didn't hurt that he was getting paid more than any coach in America.. I know I really just love how you all dont want to admit that the fans were a HUGE part in Tubby leaving... Haha your last statment says it best. I mean you said I had MY WAY for 10 years, so I guess that means that you never wanted him here, and that just shows that no matter what he did there would be people not wanting him here. And well I love it when you say something that you really dont know, when you say that I still wanting Tubby around, because if you actually paid attention to what I post, you will see that I said before Tubby left and after Tubby left that it would probably be best for both parties involoved. I know I love having Billy G here and am VERY HAPPY having him as our coach now. So next time why dont you actually know what your talking about, and know what people have said before, before you call someone out like that, it would make it a little easier to respect what you say because its hard to when you dont know what your talking about in saying I still am wanting Tubby around... :thumb: Another great post fc, but don't look to explain anything to the bashers. You imo said it all when you said that it didn't matter what Tubby did or didn't do at U.K. - the minority of the fans (bashers) with the majority of the mouth are the all knowing factor here. I am the same in that I was behind Tubby all the way and I am now behind Billy G. as well, I will not bash Gillispie and am glad that he is here at U.K.. Imo he will do a great job. I am also happy for Tubby Smith in that he is at a place where he is wanted and appreciated. I took a look at a couple of the Minnesota message boards and some of the U.K. / "Tb'rs" have went to those sites to continue the bashing...............and just Who Is Obsessed???? :lol: . Anyway, good post futurecoach. :thumb:
June 18, 200719 yr I know I really just love how you all dont want to admit that the fans were a HUGE part in Tubby leaving... Haha your last statment says it best. I mean you said I had MY WAY for 10 years, so I guess that means that you never wanted him here, and that just shows that no matter what he did there would be people not wanting him here. OK.. I haven't brought MY personal opinion's into this thread. You were using the fact that he almost went to the NBA as proof that the fans were driving him off. There is no way to connect those two. Again, if that were the case, Florida fans would be terrible. That doesn't mean I don't believe that (some of the) fans were part of what drove him away. They undoubtedly were. Although, I don't really think it was unfair to expect more than Tubby delivered the last few years. Personally, I was all for giving him one more year to get it going. He had a great recruiting class in the door, and possible another solid one coming in. The reason I argue this is because I HATE how much crap the UK fans get. First we're accused of driving off an amazing coach with unreasonable expectations, and then we're told our expectations are unreasonable because UK isn't what it used to be. Well UK WAS what it used to be when that AMAZING coach got here. Any change (up or down) can be largely laid at his feet. Tubby did GREAT GREAT things while at UK and he is a PHENOMENAL man. BUT it seemed that college basketball was passing him by. He had difficulty connecting with his players, he didn't want to play the recruiting game, etc. Trying to shift blame onto the fan base chafes me like no other.
June 18, 200719 yr I feel left out becasue I don't remember hearing him commit or even talk to another program this time besides the Hawks and maybe one more. I like that he loves college basketball over NBA. I'd have to agree with him on that matter.
June 18, 200719 yr OK.. I haven't brought MY personal opinion's into this thread. You were using the fact that he almost went to the NBA as proof that the fans were driving him off. There is no way to connect those two. Again, if that were the case, Florida fans would be terrible. That doesn't mean I don't believe that (some of the) fans were part of what drove him away. They undoubtedly were. Although, I don't really think it was unfair to expect more than Tubby delivered the last few years. Personally, I was all for giving him one more year to get it going. He had a great recruiting class in the door, and possible another solid one coming in. The reason I argue this is because I HATE how much crap the UK fans get. First we're accused of driving off an amazing coach with unreasonable expectations, and then we're told our expectations are unreasonable because UK isn't what it used to be. Well UK WAS what it used to be when that AMAZING coach got here. Any change (up or down) can be largely laid at his feet. Tubby did GREAT GREAT things while at UK and he is a PHENOMENAL man. BUT it seemed that college basketball was passing him by. He had difficulty connecting with his players, he didn't want to play the recruiting game, etc. Trying to shift blame onto the fan base chafes me like no other. I am not putting the blame on the fan base for the last two years, because I mean with the way the last two years have gone, fans had the right to not be happy. However the reason why I argue it alot is because even before the last two years, people were wanting Tubby gone and there was no justification for it! So that is stuff that got people saying are expectations are to high, because we have a coach who has us as the number overall seed in the tournament, and yet even in those years people wanted him gone since we didn't get to the final four. So that does make unrealistic expectations. If we have had as bad as teams as we had the last two years during all the years with Tubby, or even most years I would have been wanting him gone too, but that wasn't the case. So alot of the stuff he took was very unfair and made me not like some of my fellow UK fans. However I know I admited it was probably time for a change becuase it would be best for both parties, and it looks like it has been! :thumb:
June 18, 200719 yr All the Tubby Supporters/Billy Basher staying silent on this one.... Saint Tubby isn't so saintly IMHO.......... Well make up your mind. I was told 2 months ago to drop it and move on in support of Tubby. Now that we do that, you call us out and wonder why Tubby supporters are not posting. Do you want us to be quiet and get over it and move on or not? Personally I am reading this thread because it is almost midnight and I am bored out of my mind. Don't really care as he is not UK's coach anymore and it really doesn't matter to me.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.