Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Milk Prices YIKES!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen that. But it has been at around $3.19-$3.29 a gallon for some time, so I guess we've been paying on the high end according to that story.

Do you know how hard it is to get milk out of a cow??? :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We've been paying close to $3.00 a gallon lately.

 

I don't like any of these high prices (gas and milk, for example)!

Hey, I have an idea to lower the price of milk!!!

 

On June 18th, everyone across America boycott from buying milk. A similar initiative took place in the 1950s forcing milk producers to lower their costs (and started the beginning of the end of the milk man). If we all join in on this effort, we can have one calcium fulfilled life at a reasonable cost! The milk executives of the world have been taking it to the consumer too long!!!!

I bought a gallon a couple of days ago and it was $3.29.

Hey Jim Schue,

 

Last night I went outside to my huge V8 SUV and cranked the car one hour before I got in to it to cool it down. I then took my huge SUV three quarters of a mile (driving it as hard as could of course to be sure to burn a full gallon) and went to Wal-Mart and bought me one gallon of milk, that is it. Got back in my huge SUV (that I left turned on to keep cool) and floored it over to the gas station and filled up with 93 octane (all while leaving my vehicle going). Cost me about $100. Then wasted about a gallon getting home. Then when I got home, I tried doing the milk challenge (you know, the one where you drink a gallon of milk in less than 15 miinutes to see what effect it would have on me).

 

I will be going tonight to buy some more milk and complete another challenge if anyone wants to come along... am I doing my part looking out for the rest of America ???? :D

 

:p :p

Hey Jim Schue,

 

Last night I went outside to my huge V8 SUV and cranked the car one hour before I got in to it to cool it down. I then took my huge SUV three quarters of a mile (driving it as hard as could of course to be sure to burn a full gallon) and went to Wal-Mart and bought me one gallon of milk, that is it. Got back in my huge SUV (that I left turned on to keep cool) and floored it over to the gas station and filled up with 93 octane (all while leaving my vehicle going). Cost me about $100. Then wasted about a gallon getting home. Then when I got home, I tried doing the milk challenge (you know, the one where you drink a gallon of milk in less than 15 miinutes to see what effect it would have on me).

 

I will be going tonight to buy some more milk and complete another challenge if anyone wants to come along... am I doing my part looking out for the rest of America ???? :D

 

:p :p

 

You're killin' me! :laugh:

I'm not crazy about the upward spiral of gas and milk prices.

 

But when one considers that Starbucks costs something in the neighborhood of $50 or $60 per gallon (at $4.00+ per cup); maybe milk and gas are bargains after all.

 

I'll NEVER pay as much for a cup of coffee as I do for a gallon of gas (or milk, for that metter).

Why has milk gone up in price anyway?

Why has milk gone up in price anyway?

Well you already know that fuel prices are up, but feed prices are up substantially too.

Why has milk gone up in price anyway?

 

I would assume that the cost of fuel to get the product to market has something to do with it.

I'm not crazy about the upward spiral of gas and milk prices.

 

But when one considers that Starbucks costs something in the neighborhood of $50 or $60 per gallon (at $4.00+ per cup); maybe milk and gas are bargains after all.

 

I'll NEVER pay as much for a cup of coffee as I do for a gallon of gas (or milk, for that metter).

 

For the 5,234,612th time:

 

A cup of coffee from Starbucks will run you no more than $1.96 (including tax), max, in the Louisville market. If you want a latte, cappucino, frappucino, mocha or other hand-crafted beverage, you'll pay more.

 

I'm sorry to single you out, but the mentality that Starbucks charges $4.00 for a cup of coffee is flat out wrong.

For the 5,234,612th time:

 

A cup of coffee from Starbucks will run you no more than $1.96 (including tax), max, in the Louisville market. If you want a latte, cappucino, frappucino, mocha or other hand-crafted beverage, you'll pay more.

 

I'm sorry to single you out, but the mentality that Starbucks charges $4.00 for a cup of coffee is flat out wrong.

 

I stand corrected (by someone who obviously knows).

 

Starbucks coffee is only $31.36 per gallon (8 ounce cups) or $20.91 per gallon (12 ounce cups) - I really don't know the serving size.

I stand corrected (by someone who obviously knows).

 

Starbucks coffee is only $31.36 per gallon (8 ounce cups) or $20.91 per gallon (12 ounce cups) - I really don't know the serving size.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh:

 

But, to be fair, ANY take out coffee is going to run you a lot per gallon. Same with soda.:sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.