Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anthony Grant to Florida?

Featured Replies

Man, I hope you're right!!!!!!!!:D
Don't forget Mick is one of those branches too... :D
  • Replies 81
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ic Grant as the hire, but do you think Bobby Huggins wishes he hadn't jumped to WVU quite as quick as he did. Also does anyone think that John Calipari would be a good hire for Florida, i certainly do, if he can get players into memphis, he should be able to bring players into gainesville.

UF was NOT coming off of 2 national championships, correct?

 

 

No, but they were successful in hiring a guy w/ not a lot of experience. He's also been there for most of the time and knows the system. How much experience did the guy that took over for Dean Smith have?

 

Along the same lines the Steelers were 1 year removed from the superbowl and hired a guy w/ no head coaching experience and very little coordinating experience.

Ic Grant as the hire, but do you think Bobby Huggins wishes he hadn't jumped to WVU quite as quick as he did. Also does anyone think that John Calipari would be a good hire for Florida, i certainly do, if he can get players into memphis, he should be able to bring players into gainesville.

 

Calipari said in an Andy Katz article that he's not a candidate.

No, but they were successful in hiring a guy w/ not a lot of experience. He's also been there for most of the time and knows the system. How much experience did the guy that took over for Dean Smith have?

 

Along the same lines the Steelers were 1 year removed from the superbowl and hired a guy w/ no head coaching experience and very little coordinating experience.

 

 

A. How did that work out for Guttridge? Doherty?

 

B. Fair point but I'm not sure if you can equate college basketball and the NFL.

It's Grant's if he wants it.

 

It was between him and Schyatt.

 

 

 

To you and I this is a no brainer. But it's tough to follow what Billy did.

 

One guess as to who he was going to call to talk about following a legend last night..........?????

Shyatt is going to Orlando.

Funny thing also. Pitino convinced Foley to hire Billy. Billy convinced Foley to hire Grant.

Pitino advised Donovan not to go to Florida.

Calipari said in an Andy Katz article that he's not a candidate.

Is Pitino holding a press conference saying he is not a candidate for the Florida job?

Is Rick Barnes?

Not according to Rick.

 

He said on Dan Patrick's radio show a few months ago that he told Foley at the time that if he hired Billy he would have one of the virghtest up and coming stars in the ranks in a few years.

 

This is the link from the day the show aired, someone else heard it too...

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=119423&highlight=dan+patrick

 

He said on the show he called Foley or talked to him and convinced him to offer Billy and that is why...And he thought then UK should do the same thing for Pelphry or Ford (at UK) for the same reason...

Shyatt is going to Orlando.
I know, after he didn't get offered the Florida job. I said this on the radio today around 1:50.
Shyatt is going to Orlando.
And that's why I said WAS.
I know, after he didn't get offered the Florida job. I said this on the radio today around 1:50.

 

You were on the radio? I guess when you've got the sources stations come calling.

You were on the radio? I guess when you've got the sources stations come calling.
Yes I was called.
Yes I was called.

 

Homer? WLW? Dan Patrick?

I think it will be Anthony Grant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.