National Championship: Lacrosse

cshs81

Today 1:00 EST Duke/Johns Hopkins

Always a fun event to watch.

Thank you for reminding me that my Cavaliers didn't make it back to defend their title. VERY nice of you. :lol:

Would be a nice story considering everything that happened with Duke the last year.

Hopkins wins their second straight national title. I was actually pulling for Duke though.

When do you all think we'll see Lacross as a regular sport within the high school level? I know there are some KY and OH teams already fielding teams but it is mainly in the private or "upper class" schools who are doing it.

Second title in 3 years, Virginia won it all last year.

Thank you for sticking up for my Cavs. :thumb:

And in other lacrosse news:

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- The NCAA has granted Duke's request for an extra year of eligibility for its men's lacrosse players following rape allegations that led to the cancellation of much of last season.

The decision affects 33 players who were not seniors during the 2006 season, and it grants them a fifth year of eligibility regardless of whether they play at Duke or another school. The announcement Wednesday came just two days after the Blue Devils lost to Johns Hopkins by a goal in the NCAA championship game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-dukelacrosse&prov=ap&type=lgns

Thank you for sticking up for my Cavs. :thumb:

And in other lacrosse news:

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- The NCAA has granted Duke's request for an extra year of eligibility for its men's lacrosse players following rape allegations that led to the cancellation of much of last season.

The decision affects 33 players who were not seniors during the 2006 season, and it grants them a fifth year of eligibility regardless of whether they play at Duke or another school. The announcement Wednesday came just two days after the Blue Devils lost to Johns Hopkins by a goal in the NCAA championship game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-dukelacrosse&prov=ap&type=lgns

Seligmann is going to play for Brown next season.