Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007-08 Kentucky Depth Chart..

Featured Replies

As far as my list goes, it was difficult to justify starting 3 SGs, but I really think UK needs all three on the floor.

:thumb:

 

I think you'll see quite a bit of half court pressure with that group to speed up tempo. Without a true PG, they are better suited to play at a faster tempo...

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd start:

 

Bradley

Meeks

Crawford

Patterson

Carter

 

Off the bench:

 

Jasper

Legion

Harris

Stewart

Stevenson

 

I think Porter should get some time off the bench as well...

I think Porter should get some time off the bench as well...

Porter is the best deep shooter on the team, and BCG places a high value on those type players. I think he'll see about 15 minutes a game...

As far as my list goes, it was difficult to justify starting 3 SGs, but I really think UK needs all three on the floor.

 

I think you have to play to your strengths, and guards are obviously UK's.

 

I really expect to see a lineup of Bradley, Meeks, Crawford, Patterson and Stevenson (or Carter). I agree that Meeks has to get big minutes. If he doesn't start, he will get starter minutes and probably be a guy that's on the court to finish games. If Legion turns out to be a solid offensive threat, they won't need Meeks offensive presence of the bench as bad. They should have enough versatility in the backcourt to keep 2 of the 3 (Meeks, Crawford, Bradley) on the court pretty much all the time to assure they have enough offense in the game.

 

We'll see. In any case, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming season. If nothing else, it should be much more pleasant than the previous two.

^ More confidence could mean a lot more of showing his actual ability.

So you want our point guard position to be a guy who "will" develop and wasn't too great in big game situations? Bradley may have not been the best idea last year but at this point he would be better than Jasper, and Meeks is to good to be a 6th man.

 

True... what do you think about...

 

Jasper

Bradley

Meeks

Patterson

Stevenson

 

(Crawford off the bench)

I think Porter should get some time off the bench as well...
I was just listing a two-deep.
True... what do you think about...

 

Jasper

Bradley

Meeks

Patterson

Stevenson

 

(Crawford off the bench)

Locker. Room. Implosion.
True... what do you think about...

 

Jasper

Bradley

Meeks

Patterson

Stevenson

 

(Crawford off the bench)

 

I don't know what kind of obsession you have with Jasper but based on last year he doesn't deserve to start over Meeks. Meeks came up big in games and helped us win a lot of them too. Jasper didn't, as of today Meeks is a bigger asset to UK than Jasper.

Didn't think about that...you'd think him being a senior he'd be a "team" player...but i guess that's just wishful thinking

Porter is the best deep shooter on the team, and BCG places a high value on those type players. I think he'll see about 15 minutes a game...

 

This may sound crazy, but I think that Markie Krebs may be the best shooter on the team. The question is is he quick enough to play at that level. He'll have to be lights out in preseason, but he can shoot.

PG: Ramel Bradley - Derrick Jasper - Micheal Porter

SG: Jodie Meeks - Alex Legion - Mark Krebs

SF: Joe Crawford - Ramon Harris - Dwight Perry

PF: Perry Stevenson - A.J. Stewart - Mark Coury

C: Patrick Patterson - Jared Carter - Mike Williams

Didn't think about that...you'd think him being a senior he'd be a "team" player...but i guess that's just wishful thinking
I'm thinking he'll be the same guy he always was, but also in his last year to prove his talent (which he has) to the league and be a first round pick. There's no way he comes off the bench if Billy Clyde wants peace in that locker room.
PG: Ramel Bradley - Derrick Jasper - Micheal Porter

SG: Jodie Meeks - Alex Legion - Mark Krebs

SF: Joe Crawford - Ramon Harris - Dwight Perry

PF: Perry Stevenson - A.J. Stewart - Mark Coury

C: Patrick Patterson - Jared Carter - Mike Williams

:eek:

 

If you're playing Stevenson and Patterson on the floor together, Stevenson is the 5.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.