OFFICIAL: Zornes to Boyd Co.

As if the 64th district could get ANYMORE competitive. Will be interesting to see how he does next year. I don't believe Boyd has made it to Morehead since he left.

***Scratch that, I was just reminded Boyd Co went this year. Good to know I'm not getting too old. lol

I think this hiring was one of the worst kept secrets around. Hope Roger has as good a run this time around as he did in previous years. It will be interesting to see what other coaches he surrounds himself with. I wouldn't be suprised to see a big overhaul from 6th grade on up.

Before everyone gets too excited let us remember his record the last two years at Boyd County (12-16 and 11-16). He has been a very successful coach but the talent level will aslo have to improve before the decline at Boyd Co. reverses.

Before everyone gets too excited let us remember his record the last two years at Boyd County (12-16 and 11-16). He has been a very successful coach but the talent level will aslo have to improve before the decline at Boyd Co. reverses.

I would think the decline stoped and the turnaround began the past 2 seasons,( 15-11 & 15-12 ) and advancing to the region for the first time in a while. Boyd will return 3 starters and I hear 2 or 3 new kids may be coming out. And Zornes will definetly not be out worked or coached.:thumb:

Short term there are 2 or 3 teams that look like they may have a pat hand, but in a school the size of Boyd Co. when there is renewed interest you never know what kind of an improvement they can make from year to year.

Owens for example you add 2 or 3 players with half his talent and you have drasticly improved your talent level.

Gee, if Ashland could hire Wayne Breeden back they could get back to the "backyard brawl" days. Imagine how wild it would have been on BGP if it had existed when those Breeden and Zornes were butting heads and trading shots at each other. :lol:

Some may not like Zornes personally or professionally, but no one can dispute that he gets results. Personally I welcome him back to the 16th.

I agree. He is a talented coach and with the size of Boyd's system it can only help the overall stature of the region.

I think this hiring was one of the worst kept secrets around. Hope Roger has as good a run this time around as he did in previous years. It will be interesting to see what other coaches he surrounds himself with. I wouldn't be suprised to see a big overhaul from 6th grade on up.

oh yell!

• 2 weeks later...