Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holland named coach at Hazard

Featured Replies

Big Al Holland was introduced as new head coach yesterday of the bulldogs.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy he just didn't look right in that big blue Hazard Bulldogs shirt with the "H" on the front. I guess it will take a little while for it to sink in. I'm sure he will do a heck of a job over there. Wish him the best of luck.

This should make things real interesting in Perry Co. next year!

Congrats to Coach Holland, hope that PC feels the pain of the bulldogs,:ylsuper:

This has been a long time coming. A lot of us knew this 2 months ago.

 

Congrats to Holland and Hazard. It should be a great fit for both.:thumb:

This has been a long time coming. A lot of us knew this 2 months ago.

 

Congrats to Holland and Hazard. It should be a great fit for both.:thumb:

I knew that, but it was a quick turnaround from him resigning. I would have thought he waits a week or two.

I knew that, but it was a quick turnaround from him resigning. I would have thought he waits a week or two.

 

Yea, it was quick, but there was a lot of talk the other night at Hazard and Knott Central's game. I believe they had to announce it sooner than later.

I'm happy for hazard, there are getting a good coach, but I feel sorry for Big Al, because i've been around hazard my whole life and i was a Hazard b-ball player. I love hazard but i will be the first to say that the coaching job is the worst in the state, people that are good with system think their kids should play, and you've gotta do what they say. (No coach has stayed over 4 years in the last 20 or 25 years).

I'm happy for hazard, there are getting a good coach, but I feel sorry for Big Al, because i've been around hazard my whole life and i was a Hazard b-ball player. I love hazard but i will be the first to say that the coaching job is the worst in the state, people that are good with system think their kids should play, and you've gotta do what they say. (No coach has stayed over 4 years in the last 20 or 25 years).

 

 

Don't feel sorry for Big Al. He knows exactly what he is getting himself into. He has lived around Hazard his whole life. Should be no surprises here.

 

Evidently, he feels it is a much better situation than the one he is leaving.

He is a fine coach and should be a good fit. Hazard has a history of producing good teams and I think this will continue with Holland as coach.

He is not the typical puppet that Hazard is accustomed to. He will be his own man or he wouldn't have left PCC.

Good luck to Holland. He does a great job. I look for him to have some great teams at Hazard. It will put an interesting twist on the PCC-Hazard rivalry as well.

This will be the rivalry of the state next year. It will be strange to see Coach Holland roaming the sidelines in blue and gold.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.