Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How much longer will Pitino be at UL?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he could Buy an NBA team and relocate to louisville...:banana:

Are you kidding? He isn't close to having enough money to do that.

Less than five seasons, if he wins a title he will go that same year.

3-5 more years.

As long as he wants but I wouldn't guess more than 3 years.

That said I don't think he will leave for another college job, I think he will retire as a Cardinal in that reguard. He said about as much when he took the job that since 1944 two U of L coachs had each coach there for more that 30 years, and all 3 during that time retired from Louisville this seemed to him like a pretty good place to stay till retirement.

I do recall that Rick said a few years ago while he was at UK he would like to retire from basketball when he reached age 55. I think the Celtics job set him back on his time frame. I am going to agree with one of the other posters on here that he is going to groom Richard for a head coaching job. Then he will retire with or without another championship, but I do think he will be back to the Final Four shortly.

I'd say he wants to make another run at a title, and that's very possible the next 2-3 years...I also believe he retires when he's done in The Ville.

 

I agree I think he would retire when he is done with the Ville. But then would come back a year or two after once a big time job opened up, like maybe Kansas...

I agree I think he would retire when he is done with the Ville. But then would come back a year or two after once a big time job opened up, like maybe Kansas...

 

I really don't see him coming back as a coach at a bigtime program. I dont see Roy Williams, Coach K, Billy G, Ben Howland or Self going anywhere anytime soon and any other program would pretty much be a lateral move..I do think he'll coach at least 4-5 more years though...

I really don't see him coming back as a coach at a bigtime program. I dont see Roy Williams, Coach K, Billy G, Ben Howland or Self going anywhere anytime soon and any other program would pretty much be a lateral move..I do think he'll coach at least 4-5 more years though...

 

Your right about those guys except for Bill Self. I really can see Bill Self gone in 3 to 4 years especially if continues not to make the final four when he probably has one of the top 3 most talented teams in the country. I think Pitino will stay 2 more years at UL and then retire, and well if he is just sitting at home and that Kansas job opens up I really believe he would jump all over that...

Is it really wise to let go a guy who has brought in a group of kids that makes them one of the top 5 talented teams in the nation. I mean, the light bulb might go off one day and they win one and start making final fours. Its not like its Tubby who stopped getting players. As long as you are getting players and winning games like they do its hard to let him go.

Is it really wise to let go a guy who has brought in a group of kids that makes them one of the top 5 talented teams in the nation. I mean, the light bulb might go off one day and they win one and start making final fours. Its not like its Tubby who stopped getting players. As long as you are getting players and winning games like they do its hard to let him go.

 

He might not be fired, but I can definitely see him gone in 3 to 4 years. We will see.....

He might not be fired, but I can definitely see him gone in 3 to 4 years. We will see.....

Where would he have to go?

Where would he have to go?

 

Well according to the Tbers the fans at top programs are the same as ares. So if he continues with his 1st round losses all the time, and then just only making it as far as the elite 8 and not getting to the final four ever then he could be driven out by the fans, or just want to leave because of the fans pressure like Tubby did. Or could leave to the NBA, or well if he does have a few more 1st round losses to go along with the couple he already has then he very could could get the boot. Especially if Kansas knew that Pitino was sitting around at home....

5 years tops. He is getting older and less driven...IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.