Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Walls to Marshall

Featured Replies

You are right 02. You always are. I mean people closer to the situation than you would have no idea right? :rolleyes:

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does one earn a "guaranteed scholarship?"

How does one earn a "guaranteed scholarship?"
What a wonderful question.
You are right 02. You always are. I mean people closer to the situation than you would have no idea right? :rolleyes:
My stuff is solid here.:thumb:
How does one earn a "guaranteed scholarship?"

Why would one have to "earn" a guaranteed scholarship?

My stuff is solid here.:thumb:

So is mine and LMB's. Just b/c you say it, means ours isnt? I'll go with what we know versus what you know, especially since you have failed to even allude to where it came from.

Why would one have to "earn" a guaranteed scholarship? You think Matt Walls wouldnt put in the hard work and effort, as well as performing in the classroom that he would need to do?
Maybe because that's what the article said, and what I hear everywhere. Walls would have to earn the ride after walking on. He'd have to improve and show he was worth it.

Let's use some logic here. How many kids have not had a guaranteed 4 year scholarship under Pitino that were given a full ride the first year? There is no way he was given a guarantee of three free years. NO W_A_Y...

Maybe because that's what the article said, and what I hear everywhere. Walls would have to earn the ride after walking on. He'd have to improve and show he was worth it.

In the article, why is the word "guaranteed" used. That word is generally not used if it is conditional. Think about it. Read over it. Get back to me.

Hopefully he gets a chance to play against UK just like Ronny Dawn did and have a career game against them

Let's use some logic here. How many kids have not had a guaranteed 4 year scholarship under Pitino that were given a full ride the first year? There is no way he was given a guarantee of three free years. NO W_A_Y...
:thumb:Thank you.

 

Could this be clearer?

In the article, why is the word "guaranteed" used. That word is generally not used if it is conditional. Think about it. Read over it. Get back to me.
The two words don't mesh. Yet there they both are. Makes it sound pretty likely that Walls was feeding Demling something that wasn't 100% kosher, especially when everyone I get this to at U of L all agree that there was no promised ride. Just like Chris Current, Perrin Johnson and Brad Gianiny at various points in their careers, if there was room and he earned it, he'd be a scholarship player.

Could this be clearer?

He was given the standard "preferred" walk on line. No more no less...

Guys I usually dont have sources and all that stuff. And I dont get on here and act like I know exactly what is going on. In this situation I know exactly what was on the table and Walls was promised by Pitino himself that he would recieve a scholarship if he came and walked on for a year because there was none left this year.

Now you guys can use your logic all you want, usually with stuff like this you guys do know your stuff. In this situation you are wrong plain and simple. I would not be saying this if I did not know what was said.

Guys I usually dont have sources and all that stuff. And I dont get on here and act like I know exactly what is going on. In this situation I know exactly what was on the table and Walls was promised by Pitino himself that he would recieve a scholarship if he came and walked on for a year because there was none left this year.

Now you guys can use your logic all you want, usually with stuff like this you guys do know your stuff. In this situation you are wrong plain and simple. I would not be saying this if I did not know what was said.

There's a Scott County coach on the Scout board saying there was no ride offered outright.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.