April 25, 200719 yr Walk on, pay a price for your home school or take a free ride at an out of state school with an easier schedule. The smaller pond will make him look like a bigger fish. Best of luck.
April 25, 200719 yr Check Jody Demling's Blog.He says Pitino guaranteed a ride, but that's not QUITE the story I've heard. But he also says that Marshall is a GREAT school in a GREAT conference, so maybe he has a tendency to gild the lily.
April 25, 200719 yr Walls was offered a scholarship if he would go walkon for 1 year at UL. It was similar to the deal Tubby made for Patrick Sparks a few years ago. He will be a great player at Marshall. IMO they got the best senior in the state. Great start for Donnie Jones!
April 25, 200719 yr He says Pitino guaranteed a ride, but that's not QUITE the story I've heard. But he also says that Marshall is a GREAT school in a GREAT conference, so maybe he has a tendency to gild the lily. Too bad, thats the story and that was the offer. You keep saying that wasnt the story, but you dont tell your side of the story. Marshall got a good one. I think he will have a nice career out there.
April 25, 200719 yr What I heard is that what Pitino offered him is the standard walkon offer- do your time, and you'll get a ride if there's room and you earn it. LMB, weren't you JUST THE OTHER DAY posting that we shouldn't believe recruits, because they often hear what they want to hear?
April 25, 200719 yr Walk on, pay a price for your home school or take a free ride at an out of state school with an easier schedule. The smaller pond will make him look like a bigger fish. Best of luck. :thumb: Good pickup for Marshall and a good move by Walls.
April 25, 200719 yr Just read the CJ article: He said he had met with UK coach Billy Gillispie and was supposed to see him again this week. U of L coach Rick Pitino met with him Monday and offered him a chance to walk on for a season and then earn a guaranteed scholarship. The fact is, we're all aware that scholarships are one-year contracts. If Pitino isn't willing to promise Terrance Williams, Juan Palacios, Edgar Sosa and company future grants, why would he do it for Walls? Is Walls THAT make or break? I somehow doubt it.
April 25, 200719 yr What I heard is that what Pitino offered him is the standard walkon offer- do your time, and you'll get a ride if there's room and you earn it. LMB, weren't you JUST THE OTHER DAY posting that we shouldn't believe recruits, because they often hear what they want to hear? I have already PM'ed you and told you about it, if you choose to continue to be wrong then that is up to you.
April 25, 200719 yr I have already PM'ed you and told you about it, if you choose to continue to be wrong then that is up to you.What you told me doesn't prove anything. The only originating source you have that says the ride was offered is Walls. The other name you threw out, you never mentioned anything other than expressing interest, which I think was obviously there since Pitino offered him a walk on spot.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.