Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Musky fishing

Featured Replies

Don't know if anyone here is into musky fishing but if you are the Professional Musky Tournament Trail (PMTT) kicks off next weekend. The world championships this year is being held at our very own Cave Run Lake. Here is the website for the tournament.

 

PMTT

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you're a fisherman or not BigBlueFreak, but I can help you catch a few nice ones if you'd like to get the thrill of a big muskie.

I love to fish for Musky. I fish Yokum Creek and Blackwater the most but have had some success on the main lake at Cave Run.

The one time I went Muskie fishing at Cave Run it was awesome! We caught several fish that day, but for some reason I've never had the chance to go do it again.

I never fished for them intentionally, but I would love to know how many spinnerbaits I've donated to them!:irked:

I never fished for them intentionally, but I would love to know how many spinnerbaits I've donated to them!:irked:

:thumb: Me too, also countless crankbaits and any other thing that I have thrown and the "toothy critters" have gotten a hold of :eek: :lol:

 

I must say that I have caught a very few by mistake and they are a blast to catch. I have went to fish for them specifically and not gotten the first hit :lol: .

Tygart Creek in Greenup Co. has produced 2 40" plus muskies for me. Me and a buddy raised 8 in one day.:eek:

Tygart Creek in Greenup Co. has produced 2 40" plus muskies for me. Me and a buddy raised 8 in one day.:eek:

:thumb: That is great, Tygart is an overlooked Muskie water. Also, I have heard of a few in the Little Sandy.

:thumb: That is great, Tygart is an overlooked Muskie water. Also, I have heard of a few in the Little Sandy.

 

Yeah,, a guy at work set some bank lines for catfish about a month ago in Sandy and caught a keeper muskie on one line. Yummy!

Tygart Creek in Greenup Co. has produced 2 40" plus muskies for me. Me and a buddy raised 8 in one day.:eek:

:thumb: Sounds as if you had a great day. Tygart has produced some big musky over the years.

Going Musky fishing in up state Wisconcin mid July...

That should be a great trip :thumb: , they have lot of those "toothy critters" up there.

 

Keep us posted on how it went once you return.

^ Never been Musky fishing before so it will be a new experience. Going with some customers. Should be about 20 guys. 10 boats with guides...

Just returned from my annual fish trip to Key West. Yellow Tail Snapper was plentlyful. Brought back about 20 pounds of filets..... If you have never been fishing in Key West, I highly recommend the experience. Many species of fish to catch, just depends on what you want to fish for....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.