Best fast pitch softball pitcher?

If she has already tied Becky Abner's mark at this point in the season, she will more than likely break it this season. That's all I need to know about this pitcher. WOW!!! :scared:

Kirsten Allen will break Abner's record this year without a doubt. She is just a phenomenal pitcher. Oh BTW, she's only a junior and she has already tied Becky Abner's record.

Kirsten Allen will be the best fastpitch pitcher to ever come out of KY. The records she is going to set not only this year, but also NEXT YEAR as a senior, won't be touched.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allen is obviously, 100 percent, without question, the only possible answer for this thread. Scouts say she could start for OU now.

It's unfortunate that another good NKY pitcher, Amanda Jump of Holmes, is overshadowed by Allen (unfortunate for Jump, that is). Latest stats have Jump at 5-1 with a 0.70 ERA, and 72 K's in 40 innings.

Amanda Jump is another VERY good pitcher as well. I think NKY might have 2 of the state's top 10 pitchers, Allen obviously being #1 and Jump probably in the 5-10 range.

Kirsten Allen will break Abner's record this year without a doubt. She is just a phenomenal pitcher. Oh BTW, she's only a junior and she has already tied Becky Abner's record.

Kirsten Allen will be the best fastpitch pitcher to ever come out of KY. The records she is going to set not only this year, but also NEXT YEAR as a senior, won't be touched.

She is quite obviously an awesome pitcher. But as far as never to be broken, you never can tell. Softball in KY is still in its infancy compared to several other starts. We have only had fastpitch since 1995 in KY.

I spoke with one of the NL coaches tonight and they said Allen is 'the real deal'. I hope I get to see her pitch this season!

Ryle's Allen sets state mark

Ryle High junior Kirsten Allen (17-1) pitched her ninth career perfect game in softball, setting a Kentucky state record, in a 1-0 victory against Grant County on Tuesday.

Allen, an Oklahoma Sooners recruit, struck out 14 for the visiting Raiders (19-1).

"She's a machine; she just goes out there every day and does the same thing, she's amazing," Ryle coach Bill Matteoli said.

The record was previously held by Becky Abner (1997-2002) of North Laurel.

Ryle's Allen sets state mark

Ryle High junior Kirsten Allen (17-1) pitched her ninth career perfect game in softball, setting a Kentucky state record, in a 1-0 victory against Grant County on Tuesday.

Allen, an Oklahoma Sooners recruit, struck out 14 for the visiting Raiders (19-1).

"She's a machine; she just goes out there every day and does the same thing, she's amazing," Ryle coach Bill Matteoli said.

The record was previously held by Becky Abner (1997-2002) of North Laurel.

Beat me to it. :madman: ;)

I have seen Allen a couple times this year and she is just overwhelming at the high school level.

One thing that makes her so tough is not only does she throw hard but she's also 6'1. So instead of throwing from 43 feet, it really looks like she's coming from about 37.

I spoke with one of the NL coaches tonight and they said Allen is 'the real deal'. I hope I get to see her pitch this season!

Allen is absolutely the real deal. And I'm sure you'll get a chance to see her sometime soon. They'll (barring a HUGE upset) be playing down state at the end of the year.

Here is Ryle's schedule for those of you wanting a chance to see Allen..

DATE OPPONENT Site SCORE

Mar 26, '07 St. Henry St. Henry 17 - 0 (W)

Mar 27, '07 Notre Dame Notre Dame 10 - 0 (W)

Apr 2, '07 Clarksville Kenwood, TN 3 - 0 (W)

Apr 3, '07 Pickering North, OH 8 - 0 (W)

Apr 4, '07 Lafayette Ryle 2 - 0 (W)

Apr 5, '07 Niceville, FL 0 - 1 (L)

Apr 6, '07 Whitley County Destin/Ft. Walton, FL 12 - 1 (W) Florida Beach Bash

Apr 9, '07 Scott Scott 17 - 1 (W)

Apr 16, '07 Conner Conner 7 - 0 (W)

Apr 18, '07 East Central, IN Ryle 1 - 0 (W)

Apr 20, '07 Scott County Frankfort 1 - 0 (W) Capital City Classic

Apr 21, '07 Scott County Frankfort 2 - 1 (W) Capital City Classic

Apr 21, '07 Franklin County Frankfort 3 - 1 (W) Capital City Classic

Apr 21, '07 Pleasure Ridge Park Frankfort 4 - 0 (W) Capital City Classic

Apr 21, '07 Male Frankfort 6 - 0 (W) Capital City Classic

Apr 21, '07 Shelby Valley Frankfort 11 - 1 (W) Capital City Classic

Apr 23, '07 Boone County Ryle 4 - 0 (W)

Apr 24, '07 Conner Ryle 15 - 0 (W)

Apr 25, '07 Dixie Heights Ryle 10 - 0 (W)

May 1, '07 Grant County Grant County 1 - 0 (W)

May 2, '07 Highlands Ryle - 5:00 PM

May 4, '07 Tates Creek Lafayette/Tates Creek - 7:00 PM Derby Classic

May 5, '07 Lafayette Lafayette/Tates Creek - 11:00 AM Derby Classic

May 5, '07 Garrard County Lafayette/Tates Creek - 1:00 PM Derby Classic

May 9, '07 Campbell County Ryle - 5:00 PM

May 10, '07 Simon Kenton Simon Kenton - 5:00 PM

May 12, '07 Male Holmes - 11:30 AM Holmes Round Robin

May 12, '07 South Laurel Holmes - 3:00 PM Holmes Round Robin

May 14, '07 St. Henry Ryle - 5:00 PM

May 15, '07 Holmes Ryle- 5:00 PM

May 17, '07 Boone County Boone County - 5:00 PM

May 19, '07 Owensboro Catholic Ulmer Stadium, Louisville - 2:00 PM Thrill in the Ville

May 19, '07 Mercy Ulmer Stadium, Louisville - 7:00 PM Thrill in the Ville

I believe Ryle is also scheduled for a return game May 11 against East Central in St. Leon, Indiana. The Trojans beat Ryle last year 2 - 1, and lost earlier this season at Ryle 1 - 0. The Trojans had scoring oppourtunities, just couldn't pust a run across. I may try to get out to St. Leon and give everybody a scouting report.