Kragthorpe or Gillispie?

FBALL

Both could be great, only success on the field/court will determine which is the "better hire". Obviously, Kragthorpe inherits a better situation than Gillispie, so each could make a huge impact nationwide in a different way (continuing versus rebuilding).

Both could be great, only success on the field/court will determine which is the "better hire". Obviously, Kragthorpe inherits a better situation than Gillispie, so each could make a huge impact nationwide in a different way (continuing versus rebuilding).

King reffered to one program as an "up and comer" and one as a "top program".

Tell me more about Rivals Radio and what stations carry it?

I get Rivals Radio on Sirius Channel 123.

College sports station only. College Football gets the most coverage followed by college basketball.

When he posed the question this morning, I too was thinking this could be a good BGP topic.

Coach K steps into a much better situation than does Gillispie, IMO. He has a lot of room to mess up, while Gillispie has inherited a UK team that in the minds of most fans, can't really do much worse than they have the past couple years...Both should have nice careers at their schools, but it's too early to say which was the better hire.

Coach K steps into a much better situation than does Gillispie, IMO. He has a lot of room to mess up, while Gillispie has inherited a UK team that in the minds of most fans, can't really do much worse than they have the past couple years...Both should have nice careers at their schools, but it's too early to say which was the better hire.

:thumb: IMO Coach K is coming into a situation alot like Tubby did following Pitino. Of coarse its not as tough of a situation as what Tubby followed, but its very similar. He is coming into a program now where he is going to be counted on to continue what Petrino had been building. So as you said he has alot of room to mess up, so he could be a great coach but maybe not be quite as successful as Petrino and people might think it wasn't a good hire. While Gillispie is going to have more slack because there is alot more room for improvement, so he will look better...

As I said in all the Tubby threads, it is alot easier IMO to take over a program that is kind of struggling, than to take over a program that is already on top...

I get Rivals Radio on Sirius Channel 123.

College sports station only. College Football gets the most coverage followed by college basketball.

When he posed the question this morning, I too was thinking this could be a good BGP topic.

I'm working my way up the ladder to being on Rivals Radio. I should be making my debut in the next month or so as the UC analyst on Fridays. I'll let you know when... :D